Home Open Account Help 266 users online

Model Railroading > McKeen?

Date: 08/26/16 00:43
McKeen?
Author: Hartington

I've seen a picture of a McKeen car tin-plate model in the Strasburg Museum.   Anyone ever made am HO model in more recent years?

Date: 08/26/16 02:57
Re: McKeen?
Author: Lighter

Funaro and Camerlengo has body shells for the motor unit and a trailer.  Includes sideframes but no mechanism, wheels and so forth. 

Date: 08/26/16 09:49
Author: Hartington

I'm not really a model maker (or even assembler) unfortunately.

Date: 08/26/16 09:58
Author: cchan006

Hartington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not really a model maker (or even assembler)
> unfortunately.

None made in recent years that I'm aware of, but Ken Kidder's 55' powered McKeen Motor Car can occasionally be found on eBay and other places. I got one at a reasonable price several years ago, and instead of re-doing the drivetrain, I did minor repairs to the motor mount. Many complain that it runs poorly, but after I made that repair, it runs reasonable well - the drivetrain design is crude, but it's robust as long as the "metal spring belt" is in good condition.

I don't know who the distributor/maker is, but the 70' brass McKeens are also out there, usually 10x the cost of the Ken Kidder McKeens.

Date: 08/28/16 19:06
Author: Larry020

A Google search reveals that they were made in HO by Kidder, LMB, PSC, and OMI.

The link didn't work, so try this one. 

http://bit.ly/2bvfZQX

if that doesn't work, all I did was google brass mckeen car, then I clicked on images.

The pictures also shows you the model numbers that you need to search for. 

Larry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/16 19:27 by Larry020.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0349 seconds