Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Model Railroading > KRK's Lionel O-gauge Layout Construction Project (Expansion...)

Date: 08/27/16 16:13
KRK's Lionel O-gauge Layout Construction Project (Expansion...)
Author: KeyRouteKen

Hi Everybody--
Thought I'd run some more photos of what I've been doing lately !!  I'm NOT an expert like the rest of you layout builders, but it gives me an active hobby for a few more years so that I don't get Dementia, like the type that killed my brother Jim at 78, who didn't have ANY hobbies.

The original layout started in what used to be the Living Room--  we are now expanding into what used to be our formal Dining Room.  I got to do this because I received permission from my local Real Estate agent & General Manager  ("SUZIE") ...

First few photos, a simple frame for supporting a frrame of 57-onches by 44-inches.  About 35-inches in height !!

KRK

Historical Note:  That red colored CLAMP laying on the carpet under the new frame, belonged to my grandfather and must be "at least" eighty years old !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/16 16:43 by KeyRouteKen.

Date: 08/27/16 16:19
Re: KRK's Lionel O-gauge Layout Construction Project (Expansion..

A few more photos.

Auxilliary control panel under construction-- showing TWO sides.
The new platform expansion will support a Village, a Farm, and a Cattle Car operating track.  The oval of track will be for local Birney streetcar system for the folks who live in the Village or work at "ZIE" farm...  (Suzie--without the SU)

A branch from the main layout, taking off near the Trolley Loop, will cross the track oval on a 45-degree crossover and terminate in the Cattle Operating track.

KRK

Date: 08/27/16 16:24

More photos..  You can see the Main Layout in the other room ..

We bought SEVEN Lionel Christmas ornaments.  Didn't know, however, that they were each as big as soccer balls.  So we hung them from the ceiling in both rooms.

KRK

Date: 08/27/16 16:30

More photos..

Main Line--Outer Loop-  D&RGW A-B-A diesel locomotives (F3 or 7's ??)

Main Line-Outer Loop--  D&RGW freight train coming around the bend in the distance, from the Hell Gate Bridge,  and ducks under the Trolley Elevated.

The corner of the new extension where the 45-degree crossover will be placed !

KRK

Date: 08/27/16 16:32

Gee- Doesn't KRK have any STEAM power... ?????????      You Bet !!

First photo of STEAM power:   "Hudsonville-USA"    Nice, huh ??

Second photo:  (Hard to see)  PENNSY Hudson,  followed by TWO 1947 vintage 6-8-6 Steam Turbines ...

On display, a 'la CSRM (at the area near the Front Door) is my big Mallet,  SP 4-8-8-2  # 4294 ...
To run all this bigger stuff, I need to build OUTSIDE ....  (More on that idea, later)

Cheers for now, to all my friends !!

KRK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/16 16:40 by KeyRouteKen.

Date: 08/28/16 15:23
Author: UP951West

Looking good...stay after it. Before you know it , you'll be finished.
You've got good taste in equipment.

Date: 08/31/16 13:21
Author: ShastaDaylight

Nice layout with great equipment! I like the sailing ship in the background too!

ShastaDaylight

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0601 seconds