Home Open Account Help 319 users online

Model Railroading > Serving the customers

Date: 08/28/16 08:30
Serving the customers
Author: bobdavis

The Bayfield yard crew with SW9 8535 is spotting cars for some of the local industries on the PRR Blue Mountain Division in the summer of 1956.  The EMD is a Proto 2000 dating back to the 1990's.  It's a smooth runner, but I've been putting off adding sound to it due to the very limited space available for a speaker.  With the newer smaller sound decoders and speakers now out there, I no longer have a valid excuse so hopefully it'll get done this winter.  The building flats are from King Mill, an outfit that I'm pretty sure is no longer in business.  I mounted the flats on black 1/4" Foam-Core to make them stand out a bit from the backdrop, which is made up of photo sections from Realistic Backgrounds.  The sky on those didn't come close to matching my basic blue, so I cut that part out before attaching the sections to the painted wall.

Bob 

Date: 08/28/16 09:10
Re: Serving the customers
Author: RFandPFan

Very nice!

Date: 08/28/16 12:32
Author: boejoe

Great shot.  Hope you can share some more.

Date: 08/28/16 18:49
Author: TRACKENGR

Bob,
Was the local waiting for the ZZRY to pass?

Nice photo by the way.

Steve

Date: 08/28/16 21:03
Author: Kemacprr

Looks very nice Bob. I remember the oil company in a previous life !!  Keep Em coming !! ---  Ken 

Date: 08/29/16 07:19
Author: brfriedm

Looking good Bob.  Glad to see the pictures. Keep 'em coming and post often. Hope u are having a nice summer and have had time to get out do some railfanning.

Bruce

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0432 seconds