Home Open Account Help 220 users online

Model Railroading > My Frisco Roster-a piece at a time

Date: 09/22/16 17:39
My Frisco Roster-a piece at a time
Author: Frisco1522

Interest seems to be waning in this series, but I'll keep annoying you with photos.
The 1402 was another one that started out with a box of tubing and parts.  Except for the frame, the rest is scratchbuilt, can motor and DCC.
When the Frisco bought these, they were considered big engines.

Date: 09/22/16 17:55
Re: My Frisco Roster-a piece at a time
Author: boejoe

Amazing what you can accomplish with a piece of tubing.

Date: 09/22/16 18:02
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Waning?  B.S.   I'm lovin' it.

Date: 09/22/16 19:04
Author: sarailfan

I'm quite enjoying these. Hopefully years down the road I'll be able to share pictures of a similar collection of CP steam power, but that's a long way off. Of course if Jason would get moving on the D10 Ten Wheeler... ;)

Darren Boes
Lethbridge, AB
Southern Alberta Railfan

Date: 09/22/16 19:32
Author: MMD

Don I enjoy seeing what you have built so keep the photos coming,   for me when I'm re detailing I have to put in the deck [ apron ] plate between engine & tender as I think it 'finishes off' the model.

Malcolm
New Zealand

Date: 09/22/16 20:18
Author: Frisco1522

I used to put cab aprons on my engines, but since I operate them they could be a pain.

Date: 09/22/16 21:25
Author: imrl

Interest waning?  Absolutely not!  These are fabulous models!  Please keep the series going to the end!  

I'm just amazed at the level of detail on these. For example, the light by the smokestack so the fireman can see the stack at night?  That is a detail not often included. 

Date: 09/23/16 05:33
Author: boejoe

Don:  an idea just came to me.  Perhaps when the individual photos come to an end, you can arrange them for some group shots.  We've seen so many locos at this point I suspect you might not be able to gather them for a single pose.  It would be very impressive.

Date: 09/23/16 05:37
Author: herronpeter

IMHO, any post that gets replies is not wanning, especially as you had  234 "reads".  In my opinion, 234 folks got "something" out of your post.  For example, I have read every one and enjoyed them but never felt the need to post a reply.

Peter

Date: 09/23/16 07:22
Author: Bob3985

If you ever come out to visit Don, bring a loco or two and I will get you on our club layout to run.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 09/23/16 19:26
Author: dbinterlock

I'm enjoying every post, Wonderful modeling, keep the inspiration coming...

Date: 09/26/16 15:55
Author: Clarence

These are all interesting to look at. I wonder why the rear driver was spaced differently than the other two, or stated differently why the three driver axles aren't evenly spaced. It must of been ok because they ran these 40-50 years. It's curious.
Clarence G

Date: 09/27/16 14:04
Author: TrackGuy

I have no idea why you would think interest is waning, lol.  Keep 'em coming.  Would like to see more of your Mikes.  Do you have a model of 1351?

TrackGuy

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0372 seconds