Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Model Railroading > Couple more 1956 PRR "Blue Mountain Division"

Date: 09/24/16 09:40
Couple more 1956 PRR "Blue Mountain Division"
Author: bobdavis

These pics were taken a few years ago on my HO PRR Blue Mountain Division, set in central Pennsylvania in the summer/early fall of 1956.  First shot has eastbound symbol freight BM-2 leaving staging on a pretty steep grade and crossing a small branch of the Juniata River, while a westbound empty hopper train starts up the Rockland Branch.  Second shot has another BM-2 downgrade on 1.6% east of "Sideling Summit", and the third shot shows an overview of part of the railroad.  The main yard at "Bayfield" is at the far right, before the backdrop improvement project of 2013. Symbol freights set off and pick up local cars here, and two local freights originate and terminate.  The town of Myers Mills is at lower left, before installation of "Super Trees" among the houses.  The part of the main line visible at center left is the top of the grade at Sideling Summit.  Helpers are used in both directions on all freight trains of 25 or more cars.  At the far back is staging on the lower level and the Rockland Branch above.  The whole thing is about 28' x 40', and thre's alway something to do to keep me busy during our long Wyoming winters.

If any readers are out this way enroute to or from Yellowstone, be sure to stop by!

Bob
Thayne, WY 

Date: 09/24/16 09:52
Re: Couple more 1956 PRR "Blue Mountain Division"
Author: onblock

It seems that you must be quite familiar with the saga of the South Pennsylvania Railroad, as you have produced a fine example of an alternate history.

Date: 09/24/16 10:50
Author: Alcors32

Wonderful !!!

Date: 09/24/16 10:53
Author: bobdavis

Yes, I am familiar with the story of the South Penn RR.  My railroad is based on the idea that the PRR actually did build a secondary main line from Lancaster to Johnstown, PA, paralleling U.S. Route 30 part of the way, and handling mostly coal traffic but also some general freight and even one or two passenger trains.

Bob  

Date: 09/24/16 11:18
Author: Frisco1522

Great job on the scenery and layout.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.039 seconds