Home Open Account Help 148 users online

Model Railroading > Train Express - Indianapolis, IN.

Date: 09/25/16 14:45
Train Express - Indianapolis, IN.
Author: Chooch

I recently heard from a friend of mine that Train Express in North Indianapolis has folded. Can anyone verify that? Larry Pfost the owner was a business friend of mine and many a time I would stop by to purchase trains from him when I traveled to the Indianapolis area on business. I got to know Larry when he would come east twice a year to the Eastern Div. of the TCA meet in York, PA and I would help him out. I no longer have any communication with Larry so if anyone knows how I can reach him, please pass that on to me.  Thanks.

Jim
​Hatboro. PA

Date: 09/25/16 23:19
Re: Train Express - Indianapolis, IN.
Author: Heath_Tower

I have no contact information, however a friend who belongs to RFI (Railfans of Indianapolis) told me he is still around, he just retired
from the business.

Larry was also known in the Indy area in the 1960's-1970's for being involved in the slot-racing hobby, as a business owner and as a
participant. Like you, I've purchased Lionel equipment from his store, which was well stocked. It's always sad to see a model railroad
business of any kind close for whatever reason...

Date: 09/26/16 16:57
Author: NSDTK

I used to shop there a lot now that I moved away from Indiana ive been back one time. They moved from the place north of 465 to a place behind a Speedway Gas station on (86th St I think it is )

Posted from Android
Edit I guess they closed 9 / 2014

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/16 16:59 by NSDTK.

Date: 09/26/16 17:02
Author: NSDTK

Try emailing http://tcaindy.org/about.htm

He is part of the members listed in the about page. Hopefully they will pass your email along

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0327 seconds