Home Open Account Help 385 users online

Model Railroading > Athearn NPZ-8 4-6-6-4 photos and thoughts

Date: 11/28/16 06:32
Athearn NPZ-8 4-6-6-4 photos and thoughts
Author: BaylorMax

Here are some photos I shot on my layout last night of my new Athearn Challenger.  I am happy with the locomotive.  It pulls 25+ cars up my 2 1/2 % ruling grade.  The sound is good.  It does not have the fine detail that my brass Challengers have, but this engine is desigened to operate on a layout.  Good electrical pickup.  I ran the engine for about 3 hours straight Saturday with no problems.

Mine came from Factory Direct Trains.  List $489.00 plus shipping.  Their service was great.

Date: 11/28/16 06:46
Re: Athearn NPZ-8 4-6-6-4 photos and thoughts
Author: BaylorMax

Let's try a video.
Sorry about the depth of field problems.  I'm still learning how to use my new lenses.

Steve Barkley

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/28/16 07:01
Author: Frisco1522

What sound decoder did they use?   Does the exhaust go in and out of sync?   Looks and sounds good.

Date: 11/28/16 07:03
Author: BAB

Nice and to think that its better detailing than brass was thrity years or so ago plus it runs good out of the box. Only draw back is on some plastic they didnt use metal for the fine detailing. Then again here goes the cost and puts it beyond the reach of many.
Now about those had prints on the tender,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it looks great by the way hoping to see one in person.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0424 seconds