Home Open Account Help 266 users online

Model Railroading > question about new atlas rs1 in ho

Date: 12/03/16 13:22
question about new atlas rs1 in ho
Author: schneid

I noticed that the classification lights on each side only light in the direction in which the engine moving (lights on when headlight)  while classification lights at the back end are out.  Is this correct to the prototype?  the engine is np.

Date: 12/03/16 14:06
Re: question about new atlas rs1 in ho
Author: fbe

The class lights are on for the direction of the train. If it is a westbound train the the class lights are turned on the west end of the unit. If the train backs up or is switching the west end class lights stay on, the headlight on that end goes dim and the east class lights stay off. The rear headlight stays off if coupled to cars, may be turned on dim in yard movements or go bright for long backing moves.

Switch engines never have class lights in yard limits. Light engine moves will have class lights in clear or green on the lead end and red markers on the rear

Model locos have a ways to go to catch up prototypes of 30 years back.

Date: 12/03/16 19:30
Author: CPR_4000

Now they have working class lights? I'd like to see that. Can you refer me to a photo? The only Atlas pages I've been able to find are for earlier runs that don't have them.

Date: 12/03/16 19:56
Author: fbe

Check out the Rapido models of Canadian locomotives where you get class lights in clear, green, dark and red for markers. This is one of the advantages of those 21 pin decoders based on NEM standards.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0275 seconds