Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Model Railroading > TRAINWORLD

Date: 12/23/00 09:09
TRAINWORLD
Author: bnsftim

has anyone ever dealt with this place? The ladies that answer the phone are SO MEAN AND BORED TO DEATH. I don't think I will deal with them again. I'll just stick with Jim at Hobby Circle.

Merry CHristmas and bah humbug to trainworld,
Tim Hardesty

Date: 12/23/00 10:04
RE: TRAINWORLD
Author: railohio

I ordered an Aristo U25B and some track from them last spring and had no trouble at all. Price was great and I got my package promptly. I have no complaints against them.

Date: 12/23/00 10:35
Author: bd

I called to find out if they had something in stock
and she nearly bit my head off. When I called back
to find out about shipping, she was just a friendly
as she could be.

We all have bad days and deal with people that aren't
so friendly, maybe she just off the phone with a
troublemaker when you and I called. Happy Holidays!

Date: 12/23/00 10:48
Author: ELnino

I bought a Lionel engine from them recently and the woman I dealt with was really nice. I will definitely deal with them again.

Date: 12/23/00 11:00
Author: UPED

I purchased a GP-30 (cheap) not a problem, good service! You have to remember they talk to alot of people during the day and the girls may not know as much about trains as we do. Give 'em a break.

Date: 12/23/00 11:50
Author: WP282

I have ordered from them for 3 or 4 years now. They are always prompt in shipping and their prices can't be beat. Remember, they're on Long Island. People there tend to be a little harsh. It's not personal, that's just the culture. I have no complaints about them at all.

Mike Coen

Date: 12/23/00 12:46
Author: ChessieX

I tried ordering from them and when I ask a question I got a real short NO.About 3 sec later the person hung up on me.I guess they didn't want my money.

Date: 12/23/00 15:32
Author: alaska

Don't give up on TRAINWORLD; they're just staffed by humans who may have been too busy and distraught to answer the phone(I have had similiar responses from Amtrak a few times).
Suggest anyone having problems with Trainworld is to relay them any problems you may have to the manager. Things should improve if enough people complain. Remember they are the only model railroad shop in the New York area serving several million people daily - imagine getting calls from the New York area alone(even .001 %) would frazel anyone. If enough complaints are received the clerks WILL be counseled.
I have ordered stuff from these guys for years and never had a problem.

Hal
Anchorage, Alaska)

Date: 12/23/00 19:31
Author: sprinklerstud

They're out of New York for crying out loud. Whadya expect. I've ordered from them in the past because they're prices are so darn good. I think they're like dogs, if you show weakness on the phone they'll tear your throat out. Next time you place an order keep your chating to a minimum, have all of your info handy and ask them if they would be kind enough to keep they're fudge covered fingers off your order.:-}

Good luck

Date: 12/23/00 19:39
Author: pjb

You are after the cheapest prices-and they have them! If you want to be loved go to another kind of place! They ship on time and no B.S.

Date: 12/24/00 17:34
Author: trainmaster

I've always had good luck with Train World. Their prices are good and they ship fast. They've always been respectful to me on the phone although once when I asked about an item from a certain manufacturer the lady on the phone did express her opinion about that manufacturer in no uncertain terms.

Date: 12/24/00 17:56
Author: czuleget

Maybe when you spoke with them it was after the put their train on the Ground!! He he.

Date: 12/29/00 13:59
Author: danec

I was very pleased with my Trainworld order. They had great prices and shipped promptly.

Dane C.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0735 seconds