Home Open Account Help 299 users online

Model Railroading > Bachmann Decapod

Date: 12/31/00 05:36
Bachmann Decapod
Author: ajcassatt

Can anyone help me with the dimensions of the new Decapod coming out? I would like to know if this engine can navigate an 18-radius curve and fit on the Atlas turntable (I think the table is 9 inches long). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Date: 12/31/00 17:02
RE: Bachmann Decapod
Author: funnelfan

I don't have any exact specs on the loco, but those ten drivers probably won't go around anything much sharper than 22", unless they blind the center drivers.

Ted Curphey
funnelfan@icehouse.net

Date: 01/01/01 15:40
Author: Flowing

The Decapods are very small engines, and even with all those wheels, they should be able to round 18" curves as easily as the Consolidations. funnelfan wrote:
>
> I don't have any exact specs on the loco, but those ten drivers
> probably won't go around anything much sharper than 22", unless
> they blind the center drivers.
>
> Ted Curphey
> funnelfan@icehouse.net

Date: 01/02/01 18:46
Author: GAP

Too many production delays. I moved the time frame of my layout ahead 6 years and now use GP-7's instead of that "ever-promised" 2-10-0. It's now 1956, and those Algoma Central geeps sure look and run nice.

Date: 01/02/01 19:27
RE: Bachmann Decapod-When will they be here
Author: e_lauterbach

The word is that Bachmann delayed the Russian to concentrate on the Shay which is much more of a head turner. They did manange to get the shay out by the end of the year. As for when we will see the Russian, an ad in MR says sept delivery, but Bachmann has said on their message board that it could be this spring. I am looking forward to getting my undec and lettering it for the Gainesville Midland Railroad which owned a former SAL russian which is now at Spencer.
Eric

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0674 seconds