Home Open Account Help 245 users online

Model Railroading > HO SP&S Passenger Cars

Date: 01/12/17 11:45
HO SP&S Passenger Cars
Author: pt199

I have not seen any SP&S passenger cars. Anyone know of any builders for this HO model?

Date: 01/12/17 12:05
Re: HO SP&S Passenger Cars
Author: Larry020

If you're talkin brass, contact me off list.

Larry

Date: 01/12/17 15:41
Author: ATSF3751

Are you interested in lightweight or heavyweight cars? A number of  lightweight cars were built to the specifications per the owners of SP&S, GN & NP, for joint services on the Empire Builder and North Coast Limited. The Pullmans Mt Hood and it's sister car the Mt St Helens, were a couple of exceptions, as was the Columbia, a diner-parlor. SP&S's later aquisition of ex MKT and FRISCO cars in 1966 were also exceptions. SP&S had a number of custom heavyweight head end cars as well, some which were rebuilt from retired Pullmans.

Date: 01/12/17 18:05
Author: SPB

Atlas made HO heavyweight SP&S coaches. I have one. Check the SP&S HO model site on e-Bay where cars often appear for sale.

Gerry

Posted from Android

Date: 01/12/17 20:12
Author: rschonfelder

Just about every car was covered in Brass.  Some really need to be redone.  In particular, the "Mount Hood" and "Mount St. Helens" which were imported by Cascade Models in the 80ies.

To my knowledge, nothing in plastic is accurate for an exclusive SP&S car.  The Walthers Empire Builder series does provide for you to do the sleeper and Dome in SP&S through the use of the decals provided.

Rick

Date: 01/13/17 05:57
Author: Larry020

I was speaking about Challenger Imports, and W & R.

Larry

Date: 01/16/17 14:56
Author: rschonfelder

Larry020 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was speaking about Challenger Imports, and W &
> R.
>
> Larry

Overland also did the ex-MKT cars for SP&S.  This is only relevent for the "Streamliner" era in the last part of the 60ies.

Rick

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0289 seconds