Home Open Account Help 363 users online

Model Railroading > Rivarossi- No more US Market

Date: 01/16/17 09:38
Rivarossi- No more US Market
Author: KM-ML4000

I just received an email from one of my favorite hobby shops, stating Rivarossi is pulling out of the US market!

Date: 01/16/17 09:58
Re: Rivarossi- No more US Market
Author: CPR_4000

To my recollection, they haven't done many U.S. models in recent years . . . C&O 2-6-6-6, the U25C's, and the 60-foot passenger cars, all nice models. Was there much else?

Date: 01/16/17 10:31
Author: fbe

Recent 50' boxcars in plug and sliding door versions. There is an earlier U25C version engineered and ready for production but I suspect we will never see that produced now.

All those years of waiting for accurate, quality U25c units and we finally get top of the line from two companies now perhaps both models are gone again. Bummer.

European manufacturers never seem to understand the US market very well. I hope Arvids can land on his feet after the shut down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/17 10:45 by fbe.

Date: 01/16/17 11:23
Author: HB90MACH

How about parts?

Date: 01/16/17 11:33
Author: navarch2

Given the disappearance and apparent canceling of the Korea Brass PC U25c's - ( they answered my inquiry telling me they are not going to be made)....I now have to stock up on Rivarossi units I can find....bummer. I like how the Rivarossi diesels run (the new U25C's) so it is not a heartbreak to buy more. Bought one already today on an auction site before the seller got the news :)

Bob

KM-ML4000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just received an email from one of my favorite
> hobby shops, stating Rivarossi is pulling out of
> the US market!

Date: 01/16/17 11:35
Re: Rivarossi- current US products

Link to Hornby/Rivarossi US based models. Articulated steam, geared steam, U25/28C diesels and freight cars.

http://www.hornby.com/us-en/shop/brands/rivarossi.html?

Date: 01/16/17 12:10
Author: Kemacprr

The Springfield Mass. show is in two weeks and Rivarossi is usually there . Will be interesting to see if they are there and what they say. I just checked the Amhearst site and Hornby/Rivavrossi is still listed as an exhibitor. Aren't the Korean Brass units available from TCS ? I think they ended up being the sole US distributor. --------------  Ken 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/17 12:19 by Kemacprr.

Date: 01/16/17 15:52
Author: HB90MACH

The Allentown PA train show always had a rivarossi guy too. Guess I have to make the trip for a parts stock up

Date: 01/16/17 16:15
Author: navarch2

Kemacprr Wrote:
> The Springfield Mass. show is in two weeks and
> Rivarossi is usually there . Will be interesting
> to see if they are there and what they say. I just
> checked the Amhearst site and Hornby/Rivavrossi is
> still listed as an exhibitor. Aren't the Korean
> Brass units available from TCS ? I think they
> ended up being the sole US distributor.
> --------------  Ken 

Not in PC Ken....they wrote and told me (KB) that they were not being made currently....here is the exchange...apparently they are focused on selling off what they have and developing their track cleaning engine...so it is not correct to say they will NEVER be made...o9nly that they are not in production and are being held up. My mistake.

Bob..Robert Hill‎ to Korea Brass USANovember 26, 2016 ·  Where are the Penn Central U25C's????  1 Comment   Korea Brass USA The additional paint schemes have been pushed back until more of the current stock of U25Cs has shipped, also we are currently working on the Track Cleaning Engine. Units are now stateside at our facility and we are working on designing the electronics so keep an eye on our website for demonstrations.Like · Reply · November 29, 2016 at 8:48am 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/17 16:16 by navarch2.

Date: 01/16/17 16:43

Well at least they haven't said no more at all. I keep hoping that Korea Brass will continue with products for the US market. I'll call TCS and order two of the PRR units maybe that will help with the product flow !! Bob you could just patch a PRR unit !! --  Ken 

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/17 16:47 by Kemacprr.

Date: 01/16/17 18:17
Author: railwaybaron

Get used to it! Come Friday--foreighn model trains will be a no, no. China, Italy, Germany might as well sell to the Russkies, because from here on it will be only good ol' Amercan Walthers model trains on American layouts! :)

Date: 01/16/17 19:20

Walthers stuff is all made outside of the U.S. They're as American as Athearn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/17 20:33 by CPR_4000.

Date: 01/16/17 21:26

So that leaves Made in the USA Bowser and Accurail.

Date: 01/16/17 22:24

Hate to tell you but all the Bowser rtr items are assembled in China. Bowser does all the injection molding/ die work here but assmebles them in China. I believe that the kits are still produced here. --- Ken 

Date: 01/16/17 23:21

So we will need to see how the new administration defines imported merchandise. The components of a product manufactured in the US then sent overseas maybe are not taxed if they are returned to the US. You can run into this on trips to Canada.

I don't see where Trump has a plan for autos built in Mexico from parts which might be 30% or more from parts and assemblies built first in the US.

Date: 01/17/17 11:34
Author: brfriedm

Just a heads up that there is a shop on Ebay selling the Rivarossi HO U25C's in most roads.  $129 for the sound units and $89 without sound. free shipping also. Several of my friends have already bought many and the units showed up in 3 days. A great deal for sure. 

Ebay name is vrchobbies 

Cheers  Bruce 

PS - I am guessing Rivarossi is siphoning all the over stock through them 

Date: 01/17/17 14:36

That's a great price . . . very tempting even though my buying days are over.

Date: 01/20/17 12:00
Author: march_hare

brfriedm Wrote:
> Just a heads up that there is a shop on Ebay
> selling the Rivarossi HO U25C's in most roads.
>  $129 for the sound units and $89 without sound.
> free shipping also. Several of my friends have
> already bought many and the units showed up in 3
> days. A great deal for sure. 
>
> Ebay name is vrchobbies 
> Cheers  Bruce 

Thanks a bunch for the heads up.  I hadn't planned on getting one of those units, but a PC with sound for $129 is too good to pass up.  Should be in my grubby little hands tomorrow.

Date: 02/09/17 05:20
Author: jburek

I was able to grab one on the E-Bay auction site for $105.  Another one sold for $98.77.   There are still plenty left...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0832 seconds