Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Model Railroading > Ho Scale Green Goat Switcher

Date: 02/17/17 12:16
Ho Scale Green Goat Switcher
Author: apollo17

Does anyone know if there is any supplier that sells the RailPower GG20 Green Goat switchers? I don't know if there were any built in ho scale as I haven't been able to locate them if they were. Thanks for any help. 

Date: 02/17/17 13:22
Re: Ho Scale Green Goat Switcher
Author: CPR_4000

Atlas has done the NRE genset, but I don't think anybody has done a Green Goat, except maybe in brass (Overland?). The Green Goats came in so many versions and were so unsuccessful that I doubt if you'll see one in plastic. (Are any prototypes still running, not counting the genset version?)

Date: 02/17/17 16:55
Author: bnsfsd70

Yeah, the first question is which prototype are you looking to model?

- Jeff Carlson

Date: 02/17/17 17:27
Author: mcdeo

Maybe ShapeWays.com has something? Their search feature is difficult to navigate sometimes. 

Mike ONeill
Parker, CO

Date: 02/18/17 04:56

The Genset type I'm looking to model/scratchbuild if I have to is the one that UP and NS had around 2007. These had a short nose on front with large front windows. 

Date: 02/18/17 22:28
Author: EricSP

Just get a brick, it will move about as often as UPY 2005 did (without being pulled by another locomotive).

Date: 02/19/17 05:18

I always thought the short nose and big windows on the cab looked good, but from what I've read about this particular model, it left alot to be desired on the power end of things. Maybe I could just buy one of the HO scale versions of another model of genset and rebuild the cab to what I want.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0273 seconds