Home Open Account Help 362 users online

Model Railroading > Mantua/Tyco CR-4 Plymouth Industrial Loco 1960-1989

Date: 03/14/17 08:32
Mantua/Tyco CR-4 Plymouth Industrial Loco 1960-1989
Author: oth1981-2005

I am looking for Mantua #401-115 a blue & white "Ford" loco and also a possible loco labeled "Kodak". I am writing an article for a model railroad magazine about these model locomotives and seeking any information anyone has on the designer of the loco for the HO manufacturer in the late 1950's., What became of the tooling after the Model Power acquisition and the subsequent MRC purchase (Do they have it? Was it damaged while Mantua still had it? Does it still exist anywhere?) It appears that several non-cataloged road names may have been made by them as promotional items for those companies. These were not sold to the general public. A Kodak labeled loco is said to exist. Does anyone have or know of any other custom factory decorated examples? Does anyone have a 1960 vintage US Steel loco which was cataloged in 1960 but may not have been ever made in that year. (Their catalog shows pictures of it in 1960 what appears to show a blue & white loco with a circular USS logo on the cab in white. It is however identified as "Republic Steel" which they did make. The did make US Steel later in  different paint schemes. Did the described US Steel ever get marketed?) Any information anyone can add to what I already have would be greatly appreciated. I need any information by about mid April 2017 to meet the article deadline. Please contact me directly at oth@prairieweb.com or through this forum. I would REALLY LIKE TO FIND & PURCHASE THE FORD AND POSSIBLY THE KODAK locomotives I am looking for.  I currently have 21 variations of the 22 that were apparently cataloged.  A shell of either of those would be of interest as well.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0324 seconds