Home Open Account Help 358 users online

Model Railroading > More Intermountain IC GP10 details

Date: 03/21/17 16:12
More Intermountain IC GP10 details
Author: pismopete

Here is a side by side comparison of the can antennas for the IC version GP10.  Luckily not all versions have this mistake, aftyer looking at their webpage. http://www.intermountain-railway.com/ho/loco/holocgp-10.htm
Wish they had left it off and let the modeler attach their own as IC also used the Sinclair type.
Peter Arnold

Date: 03/21/17 19:08
Re: More Intermountain IC GP10 details
Author: LandN1971

What about about the drive system ????
Any pictures of the guts ????

JLSeale

Date: 03/21/17 20:52
Author: arwye

And what's with the 'floating cab" on the model? RY

Date: 03/21/17 22:59
Author: fbe

The first of Pete's posts show a tighter fit.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?3,4250039

I wonder if the unit is this post needs to be reseated or have the mount filed a bit.

arb

Date: 03/22/17 07:48

The photo exaggerates it, looks better in person!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/22/17 10:40
Author: brfriedm

So are you officially telling us this can antenna is molded onto the cab?  That it isn't removeable?  If it is removeable, I would just snap it off and replace it. If it was molded on, I would slice it off and repaint the roof. So what is the gig? I would be so suprised if it is molded on. So just snap it off. 

Bruce

pismopete Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The photo exaggerates it, looks better in person!
>
> Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/22/17 11:39

Of course it is glued on, as it isn't on all models; from the pictures I've seen just IC and Mid South.
But since it is larger than the DA replacement, it leaves a scare where it was that needs to be sanded and repainted with matching paint. Probably best to repaint the whole roof so the patch won't show. Not a problem, just pointing out it is wrong.

Peter Arnold

Date: 03/22/17 13:01
Author: Hookdragkick

Do you plan on weathering your engine or keeping as clean as a trailer queen? Match the orange as close as possible and hide it with the diesel soot and grime. No need to paint the entire roof.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/22/17 13:12

Weathering, of course, it is IC (G) !

Date: 03/22/17 18:36
Author: sixaxlecentury

They look good from afar.....but the more I look at them, the more I dont like them. 

Handrails look wonky.  Very out of scale. 

The latch detail, while it LOOKS nice, it looks terrible on the model.   It is overdone, and too big.  Maybe not as noticable on the darker colors, but it really shows on the orange.  

Cab windows are weird also.   Looks like they just printed the aluminum frame on a flat panel, that is flush fit.  

Date: 03/23/17 22:32

Just got word from a magazine editor friend who is preparing a review on the GP10, that IM is working on correcting their oversized Can antenna!
Peter Arnold

Date: 03/30/17 18:00
Author: Chad

I just received one of these, 8134 I ordered from MBK. I need an IC engine like I need a hole in the head since I model SP, BN but hey it's different. I am NO expert but this little thing is pretty cool. Love all the lighting options. Runs really well too. Overall very happy.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1492 seconds