Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Model Railroading > SP 5212 departing Quisling CA

Date: 03/23/17 09:19
SP 5212 departing Quisling CA
Author: bxmoore

A short clip of Baldwin DRS-6-6-1500 setting back on its return journey with the Quisling Turn.

Brian Moore
Plymouth, UK 

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/23/17 09:53
Re: SP 5212 departing Quisling CA
Author: africansteam

Lovely work!

Cheers,
Jack

Date: 03/23/17 11:00
Author: LittleDoc

Very nice!! Thanks for posting!

Steve

Date: 03/23/17 11:05
Author: markloos

Sweet!   Nice video. Nice layout.  Brought back memories. As a salesman, I used to call on California Airframe Parts just off Doolittle Dr. in Oakland. Mark <><

Date: 03/23/17 11:05
Author: Frisco1522

Nice scene, nice video.  Thanks.

Date: 03/23/17 11:10
Author: King_Coal

Is the Baldwin a Bowser? I enjoy your posts!

Date: 03/23/17 13:18
Author: SPDRGWfan

Is that LokSound?

Always nice to see your posts Brian!  Welcom back!

Cheers, Jim Fitch

Date: 03/23/17 16:26

Thanks, all. The Baldwin is a Bowser with factory-installed Tsunami. All i've done to it is remove the original Pacific Electric lettering (applied to 5212 when on lease to PE for a while in 1953) and replace it with Southern Pacific.

Brian

Date: 03/23/17 21:16
Author: Westbound

Well I'm impressed!
But that Chateau Martin car is cleaner and brighter than any I ever saw. Must have just been repainted.

Date: 03/23/17 23:04
Author: BoilingMan

I don't know how you pull this stuff off from halfway around the world- amazing!
SR

Hey, here's one for you:
The Douglas DC airliner on your building reminded me of this-   When I was a kid we used to go to the Airport Drive In Theater  (I'm sorry- Theatre)  in Goleta.  The Douglas airliner on the back of the movie screen was outlined in neon.  What's more- the propellers "spun" in neon at night.  It was rather impressive, and very " 50's California". 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/17 23:06 by BoilingMan.

Date: 03/24/17 03:01

Thanks, Westbound and BoilingMan.  The Chateau Martin car has indeed been recently re-painted! My friend Jim Lancaster's fabulous Chateau Martin site is a joy:   http://coastdaylight.com/chatmart/cmwx_roster_1.html  It's of particular interest that every Chateau Martin car is a different hue. I've tried to replicate this with my own efforts. Still a work in progress.

I love that Airport Drive-In.  My building is from an actual photo supplied to me by SP modeller and historian Tony Thompson: http://modelingthesp.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=Airframe

Happy days.

Brian

Date: 03/24/17 07:50
Author: BaylorMax

Great looking video!  A quick question.  Who made the Chateau Martin wine car model?  Also, did you replace the origninal trucks on the model?

One of the photos on your friend's web site shows a Chateau Martin car on the Northern Pacific in Superior, Montana.  A model would look good in one of my reefer freights.

As always, thank you for sharing.

Steve Barkley, MMR

Date: 03/24/17 09:02

BaylorMax Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great looking video!  A quick question.  Who
> made the Chateau Martin wine car model?  Also,
> did you replace the origninal trucks on the
> model?
>
> One of the photos on your friend's web site shows
> a Chateau Martin car on the Northern Pacific in
> Superior, Montana.  A model would look good in
> one of my reefer freights.
>
> As always, thank you for sharing.
>
> Steve Barkley, MMR
Thanks, Steve. The cars are "near-enough" models using Walthers wooden reefers with replacement trucks (I think I took them from Roundhouse 50' wooden green express reefer cars), with custom decals made as a one-off by a friend. I've also got four of the longer (and less-accurate-looking) Roundhouse CM models, which I have no problem using. The main thing is to remove the roof ice hatches from them, and that makes them instantly more realistic looking.

Brian

Date: 03/24/17 18:03
Author: Chad

Really nice layout and great video, thanks.

Date: 03/25/17 17:17
Author: biff

Fantastic, loved it, watched it multiple times because I enjoyed it so much.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0424 seconds