Home Open Account Help 294 users online

Model Railroading > Decal Project - Kato Gunderson MAXI-IV from BRAN to DTTX

Date: 03/24/17 01:20
Decal Project - Kato Gunderson MAXI-IV from BRAN to DTTX
Author: MrMRL

Seeing so many of these being converted from Pacer Stacktrain to DTTX (and others) ownership over the past 2-3 years, I recently chose to patch one of my Kato USA HO scale Gunderson Maxi-IV articulated stack cars to match the prototypes seen today. The Kato car is not 100% correct (detials wise) for the BRAN prototypes, but I feel still passes the 3 foot rule quite well, and is probably one of the smoothest operating rolling stack cars on the HO market today. First off, some careful blanking out of all the Pacer logos and BRAN data with Microscale TF-7 (Blue Trim FIlm). Then I came across the tops of the A and B end number patches with Microscale 90101 (RR Gothic White) letters to cteate the new DTTX number 888345. Lettering turned out a bit too small, but still looks OK for now to my eyes. Just gotta get around to weathering the car at some point...

Happy Modeling!

~ Mr. MRL

Date: 03/24/17 06:27
Re: Decal Project - Kato Gunderson MAXI-IV from BRAN to DTTX
Author: electromac

Very nice.........awesome cars.

Date: 03/24/17 07:57
Author: coaltrain45

Intermountain A-Line did these car sets in four numbers, I have seen some Red well car sets that have the DTTX reporting marks! More projects!

Date: 03/24/17 08:37
Author: bnsfbuff

Nice patch job, looks great....

John Parker
Longmont, CO
BNSF Fall River Division

Date: 03/24/17 14:59
Author: Hookdragkick

Good enough for federal work! Nice patch job.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/24/17 17:51
Author: Parthia27

As always an excellent job, thanks for sharing.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.041 seconds