Home Open Account Help 396 users online

Model Railroading > Those pesky Atlas shells

Date: 03/25/17 19:59
Those pesky Atlas shells
Author: calsubd

Come on Atlas you can do Better !,,,I got my new Atlas Classic this week, getting ready to put a decoder in and no easy task to remove the shell (as always ), decided to try 1 more thing and it worked, so while pressing the shell in at the tab and holding it in, slide a pin in from the bottom to hold the now unlatched tab, repeat 3 more times.
Note 1, you have to depress the shell close to the walkway
Note 2, remember, slowly push the pin in, YOUR FINGER is also really close

Note for Atlas, You designed a nifty tool to push joiners on, how about 4 wedges to hold the latches open to remove the shell, Thank You

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 03/25/17 20:03
Re: Those pesky Atlas shells
Author: ESPEE5318

I use round tooth picks

Date: 03/25/17 20:09

ESPEE5318 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I use round tooth picks

I am going to make some wedges, but these pins worked tonight, I'd be poking my fingers with toothpicks ,LOL

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 03/26/17 14:29
Author: rschonfelder

Pins look dangerous to both the shell and your flesh.  I use either round toothpicks but found that match sticks tapered using a scalpel blade is the best.  No need to get Atlas to produce Chinese made plastic wedges.  If you really feel you need plastic wedges try and grab some of the various sizes from your local Tiler or go to a Tile shop and buy a bag and you'll have enough to share with all of the Atlas customers in the world.

Rick

Date: 03/27/17 03:51

Thanks Rick for the wedge tip

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0443 seconds