Home Open Account Help 309 users online

Model Railroading > Virus

Date: 08/13/01 21:59
Virus
Author: charlesemerson

Todd, or whoever is the webmaster contained in my mail box is a virus in the shape of an attachemnt called assin, supposedly from Todd and Heather Hume < bhume@golden.net>. I don't think that they would send a virus but can you remove it from the server or do is that something I have to do.
Charles Emerson, Bellbird, NSW, Australia.

Date: 08/13/01 22:11
RE: Virus
Author: trainz

Click, 'DELETE'

Viola, gone.

Date: 08/14/01 18:52
Author: bessemerlakeerie

There is a virus going around 'trianorders' it seems as I have received emails in both my TO and personal mailboxes containing these viruses. If you receive an email containing something to the effect "I am sending this seeking your advice" or something. Delete it and let the person who sent it to you know their system is infected. Whatever you do....DO NOT OPEN THE ATTACHMENT!!!

Bill Navari
Pittsburgh PA

Date: 08/14/01 20:40
Author: iocr

This is the dreaded Sircam virus. It is making the rounds has bogged down a lot of email systems. There is a pretty good free virus scan at www.housecall.antivirus.com It can detect and wipe out this and many others.

I had an office system at a Cincinnati radio station that was sending out virus laden emails as fast as the T1 connection could take them. Our estimate was about 100,000 emails before we eradicated it.

Practice safe computing and trainwatching.

Mark Bohach

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0479 seconds