Home Open Account Help 218 users online

Model Railroading > Walthers Sperry Car Body Removal

Date: 10/28/01 18:51
Walthers Sperry Car Body Removal
Author: tymbomb

I picked one of these up at a show this weekend and I am trying to remove the body before I break it in. So far all I've managed to do is break off half the details on the underside of the frame. From what the directions state I should be trying to pop the body off of the windows, leaving the windows on, but the illistration makes it look like I should be removing the body AND the windows at the same time. Which one should it be and what's the secret?

Thanks!

Date: 10/29/01 16:37
RE: Walthers Sperry Car Body Removal
Author: brfriedm

I did the same with my Walthers car also. Found it near impossible to open. After I finally got it open(to install a DCC decoder) I was left with a pile of parts. The shell with parts are still sitting in the box. I will probably throw the unit away. Another poorly designed Walthers product.

brfriedm

Date: 10/29/01 19:41
RE: Walthers Sperry Car Body Removal
Author: tymbomb

I finally found out the problem. The shell, for some reason, was glued to the frame, as was the interior details/weight. A call to Walthers told me that since I did not purchase it directly from them I am out of luck. That's the last time I purchase a Walthers product.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0409 seconds