Home Open Account Help 340 users online

Model Railroading > Mechanical Reefer Sound Machines

Date: 07/30/02 22:04
Mechanical Reefer Sound Machines
Author: atsf-freak

I need help in finding out who makes the sound machine that fits inside an Athearn 57\' mechanical reefer. I remember seeing these things for sale, but I can\'t recall who made them. I also remember them being extremely annoying in large groups, but thats another story...

da\' freak

Date: 07/30/02 22:36
Re: Mechanical Reefer Sound Machines
Author: dickpalmer

Ihope you\'re modeling pre-1978, cuz ATSF had the foresight to dump all their mechanical reefers and shift the bidness to reefer trailers.

come to think of it, a bunch of Bud of California trailers on flats would sound pretty good.

Eric, these things were about $29 a pop--a little overpriced. Besides, mech reefers are like lays potato chips--you can\'t have just one. . it\'s a dangerous slope!

Date: 07/30/02 22:45
Author: cajon

Model Railroader or Craftsman many years ago had a parts list on how to make one. I made one and it is still running today. All the parts came from Radio Shack. It use a 9 volt battery and will run over a year on one battery. Mind is in a 50\' reefer. You put a switch on the bottom of the car to turn it off/on.
Now who know which one and year?

Dennis

Date: 07/30/02 23:20
Author: C44-9W

AZTEC has them assembled or just the kit.
Here is the page http://www.aztectrains.com/pages/SoundCars.html

Date: 07/31/02 07:15
Author: cdn_nsfan

Railroad Model Craftsman, December 1988.

I just photocopied the article to put some sound in my Tropicana train. If you\'ve got a fax number, email me at kpebesma@rci.rogers.com, I\'ll send it today.

Ken

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0366 seconds