Home Open Account Help 257 users online

Model Railroading > Hundman Publishing for sale

Date: 09/02/05 14:24
Hundman Publishing for sale
Author: fbe

The newest issue of Mainline Modeler is on sale at the local hobby shop and in his editorial mussings Bob Hundman announces that the company is for sale. Particulars are in the magazine.
I would hate to lose the magazine and the trails it has blazed over the years.

Date: 09/02/05 16:36
Re: Hundman Publishing for sale
Author: WAF

No surprise after the "reduction" of CTC Board's size

Date: 09/03/05 06:32
Author: wlankenau

The whole company, or just Mainline Modeler? I was under the impression that his N Scale magazine did fairly well, as did the hardcover books.

Date: 09/03/05 11:00
Author: CarlLaFong

wlankenau Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The whole company, or just Mainline Modeler? I was
> under the impression that his N Scale magazine did
> fairly well, as did the hardcover books.

Perhaps all their endevours are doing well, and Bob Hundman just wants to retire. Just because the company is for sale does not mean things are dire...

Carl

Date: 09/05/05 06:32
Author: seod

I met Mr. Hundman once about 15 years ago and he looked to be about 60 then. Maybe he just wants to relax. My best guess is that running a company with 3 magazines and a bunch of books is time consuming. Especially when you are the editor of at least one of them (MM for sure I do not know about N-scale). I have not seen the editorial in MM I stopped getting the mag about 6 months ago. I had been getting it since the second issue but the last few years it has not had much modeling content so I have lost interest in it. I did get real tired of the endless steam articles and drawings. But that is just me.

Scott

Date: 09/05/05 08:11
Author: stivmac

I hope he finds a buyer who is as committed to prototype modeling as he is. Even though MM could get a bit snobbish about it at times, it serves as a great source and has inspired me on countless occaisions to improve my skills.

Date: 09/06/05 08:53
Author: HaggisKennedy

The whole shebang. He wants to retire, but still contribute to MM.

The editorial says that once the enterprise is sold, he will only be able to 'suggest' rather than decree. He will be involved, but since he won't own it any longer, his will just be another voice.

I suppose it's dependent on who buys it all. I suppose if some new owner wants Bob to hang around as editor (or whatever), not much may change. OTOH, if the new owner is a visionary-type, then Bob's vision is probably gone...

Kennedy

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.032 seconds