Home Open Account Help 290 users online

Passenger Trains > Bus for Empire Builder #27/28 today (Wed, 15)

Date: 03/15/06 20:01
Bus for Empire Builder #27/28 today (Wed, 15)
Author: jdb

#27 this AM (Wed the 15th) was a bus from Spokane to Portland. The Portland section (#27) stayed with the Builder into Seattle. There is a work window (several) between Spokane and Portland and when #7/27 is more than a couple hours late at Spokane #27 will miss the window. That makes a bus ride from Portland to Spokane for the passengers on #28 because there isn't a train to return east.

jb

Date: 03/15/06 20:03
Re: Bus for Empire Builder #27/28 today (Wed, 15)
Author: mundo

This is a standing issue, while the track is being worked on.

Anytime train 27 mises the closing of the window, then its bus folks, both ways.

Date: 03/15/06 21:08
Author: dzygmont

Does anyone know the maximum delay allowed into Spokane that 27 can continue as a train? When will the majority of the track work from Portland to Spokane be complete?

Date: 03/15/06 22:32
Author: mundo

Track work between Portland and Pasco feb 27 through April 12, 9 am-4pm Monday-Friday. If train 27 is more then one hour late at Pasco, it will be bused to Portland from Pasco.

If its operating 1 1/2 hr late at Spokane, it will bus from Spokane.

When either happens, bus will operate east Portland to Spokane.

Date: 03/16/06 05:35
Author: dzygmont

I'll be riding 27 leaving chicago April 1 all the way to Portland. Does anyone know if Amtrak offered to take 27 passenger's via train to Seattle and then Seattle-Portland aboard a Cascades train?

Thanks,
David

Date: 03/16/06 06:04
Bus for Builder
Author: jp1822

One would hope they would let you stay aboard and continue to Seattle, rather than via bus to Portland. Equipment would just ride empty - so it shouldn't be an inventory issue.

BUT I would call Amtrak on that one. I am not sure if they would give you a complimentary ticket on an Amtrak Cascades train from Seattle to Portland though. They'd probably want passengers to use the bus being provided out of Spokane......

Date: 03/16/06 16:56
Re: Bus for Builder
Author: F40PHR231

Having just rode the Builder a couple weeks ago, this maintenance window forced us to detour to Seattle. Amtrak called me and gave me the choice to take a bus or connect to a Talgo free of charge, should I choose to connect in SEA I had to see a ticket agent and show my #27 ticket.

~Chris

Date: 03/16/06 19:08
Author: jp1822

Nice that Amtrak gave that option, rather than trying to sleep on a bus overnight to Portland.

Date: 03/16/06 22:05
Author: ProAmtrak

True, I'm still not holding my breath, but I hope things like this makes Amtrak more positive than negative to most people when things like this happen!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0772 seconds