Home Open Account Help 347 users online

Passenger Trains > Lockers at LA Union Station

Date: 04/22/06 17:16
Lockers at LA Union Station
Author: ronross

I will be departing from Los Angeles Union Station on the Southwest Chief soon, and I am wondering about places to store my baggage. I was planning to arrive early and spend some time at Olveria Street before departure. What is the locker situation at the station? How big are the lockers? I will not be checking baggage, so I can't check them with Amtrak when I arrive, and I don't want to carry them all over town.

Date: 04/22/06 18:30
Re: Lockers at LA Union Station
Author: daped

No lockers that I know of. Find a Red Cap. He will stow it away for you and then arrange a meeting place and time just before your train departure; and if you want, give you a ride to the train. They will expect a tip, and deserve it, they really scurry in there. -dp-

Date: 04/22/06 18:56
Author: jdb

It has been a couple of years since I needed to check a bag in LA but at that time you could leave it at the baggage check in for $2.00 a bag. I've done that recently in Portland and Seattle. (be sure you know that somebody will be there when you go try to pick it up 10 minutes before departure - sometimes the baggage people shut the window while they are loading baggage on the train)

jb

Date: 04/22/06 20:40
Author: BobTowar

In the baggage claim area there is a staffed window where you can check bags, large and small, for $2 each. You need to be a ticketed passenger, so show your ticket for #4 to the clerk. He'll let you know what time is the latest you should claim your bags before boarding the Chief.

I've done this several times. When I'm getting on #4 I grab a sandwich at Phillipe's...if I'm getting in to town on #3 I catch a fresh mexican breakfast on Olvera street before getting on the Starlight. :)

Enjoy your trip...

-Robert

ronross Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I will be departing from Los Angeles Union Station
> on the Southwest Chief soon, and I am wondering
> about places to store my baggage. I was planning
> to arrive early and spend some time at Olveria
> Street before departure. What is the locker
> situation at the station? How big are the
> lockers? I will not be checking baggage, so I
> can't check them with Amtrak when I arrive, and I
> don't want to carry them all over town.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0315 seconds