Home Open Account Help 137 users online

Passenger Trains > ATSF Business Car "Chico" in Topeka

Date: 08/25/06 21:22
ATSF Business Car "Chico" in Topeka
Author: bnsfsd70

Hi, just yesterday (Thursday) I noticed that an old Heavyweight obs showed up here in Topeka, KS, and I was wondering if you had any info on it. The car is very nicely painted silver for the SF, and named "Chico." I believe its got a road number of 37, and it does have its 6-digit Amtrak number as well. When I went by it tonight, there was a local food catering truck next to it, bringing food inside. Does anyone have any info as to the owner, its history, where it came from and where its going to, etc?

Thanks a lot, Jeff

Date: 08/25/06 21:33
Re: ATSF Business Car "Chico" in Topeka
Author: puckeringswine

I believe this car is owned by a retired couple who use it as an RV.

Date: 08/26/06 12:59
Author: bandob

I see that it is listed as being one of the cars on the AAPRCO Convention Train this September to Steamtown.

Bandob

Date: 08/26/06 18:03
Author: kdrtrains

Greetings
ATSF 37 "Chico" belongs to Mr.Marvin Robertson. Was the property of Victor Thornton. Mr.Thornton and the 37 was featured in Pentrex's Private Varnish Roundup.

KR

Date: 08/26/06 19:16
Author: nikon1

The 37 "Chico" was rebuilt by the BNSF shops here in Topeka. A beautiful car but, I think would look much better in ATSF green and black w/yellow lettering. Just my two cents worth.
Ch

Date: 08/26/06 22:55
Author: bnsfsd70

Any idea as to how recently it was rebuilt? Thanks, Jeff

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0313 seconds