Home Open Account Help 298 users online

Passenger Trains > Breakfast out of Emeryville on #6?

Date: 03/18/09 14:22
Breakfast out of Emeryville on #6?
Author: powhatanfan

Does anyone know what Amtrak is providing as breakfast for sleeper passengers on #6 out of Emeryville these days?

1. Breakfast service in the diner (with either full or limited menu).
2. "Brown Bag Breakfast" provided in sleeper room.
3. "You can buy a breakfast burrito in the lounge car when it opens" (aka Whole Lotta Nuthin').

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Date: 03/18/09 14:37
Re: Breakfast out of Emeryville on #6?
Author: hesdjjim

Last I heard, it was meal plan #3. With the later departure time, Amtrak decided now would be a good time to save money. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Date: 03/18/09 14:48
Breakfast out of Emeryville on #6
Author: jp1822

#6 running eastbound from Emeryville never had breakfast served when it departed around 9:00 a.m. The Coast Starlight #11 running through Emeryville is often a different story. If I recall correctly the departure time for #6 still needs to be pushed up to around 9:30 or 10:00 a.m. to match its former schedule.

Date: 03/18/09 14:49
Re: Breakfast out of Emeryville on #6?
Author: smitty195

Yes, breakfast is still served out of Emeryville. The diner is open immediately when you board the train, and it closes after reaching Martinez. It is a limited menu breakfast. A few weeks ago, you had your choice of the french toast or the omelet. The other selections on the menu are not available until breakfast the next morning.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention one thing....breakfast is for sleeper passengers only---it is not open to coach. However, the lounge car is open and serving right away as well.

Date: 03/18/09 15:12
Breakfast out of Emeryville on #6?
Author: jp1822

Will gladly stand corrected as noted above, as the CA Zephyr departed later than what it currently does the last time I took it eastbound and we didn't have a sit down meal in the dinner till lunch (after Sacramento).

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0348 seconds