Home Open Account Help 327 users online

Passenger Trains > Phila Rail Landmark to Come Tumbling Down

Date: 10/09/09 17:20
Phila Rail Landmark to Come Tumbling Down
Author: prr60

The old PRR steam plant (now owned by Amtrak), located next to 30th Street Station in downtown Philadelphia, is in its last month of existence. At 7:30am on Sunday, November 8 (back-up date November 15), the plant's towering chimney, a landmark behind Penn Coach Yard for over 70 years, will be dynamited and dropped by Controlled Demolition, Inc. into a narrow opening between the CSX high-line viaduct and the SEPTA tracks.

All rail service on SEPTA and Amtrak will be halted for the implosion, as will traffic on local streets and nearby Interstate 76 (the Schuylkill Expressway). Unlike typical building implosions, this one will direct the chimney to rotate and drop sideways like a redwood attacked by a chainsaw. Charge-up the cameras: this promises to be a fine show.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCC&cp=qnssf88r128m&style=b&lvl=1&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&scene=35727038&encType=1

Date: 10/09/09 17:38
Re: Phila Rail Landmark to Come Tumbling Down
Author: Lackawanna484

I've seen these guys drop big buildings before, they're REALLY good. It should be a great show

Date: 10/09/09 20:21
Author: Chessie2018

I wouldn't call CDI good, they're the best in the implosion field, even when it comes to falling buildings in Vegas

Jason Trew
East Ridge, TN

Date: 10/10/09 03:24
Author: CShaveRR

Well, now I just "read the book" here--looking forward to the movie!

Date: 10/10/09 07:12
Author: navy5717th

Lackawanna484 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've seen these guys drop big buildings before,
> they're REALLY good. It should be a great show

Yeah, they're great. The 9/11 "Bush and Cheney Did It" conspiracy cabal says they brought down the WTC towers.

Fritz in Huntsville, AL

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0347 seconds