Home Open Account Help 286 users online

Passenger Trains > MTA Approves Crenshaw Light Rail Line

Date: 12/11/09 04:41
MTA Approves Crenshaw Light Rail Line
Author: millerdc

Date: 12/11/09 08:48
Re: MTA Approves Crenshaw Light Rail Line
Author: korotaj

I suspect the ridership on this line will rival that of the Blue Line--any predictions? Some passengers from LAX might use it, but I wonder how convenient in will be. I suspect the bus trip downtown will still be way faster.

Date: 12/11/09 09:29
Author: TomPlatten

Having ridden on both segments of the Gold Line, as many of you already know, it is not the speediest line in Southern California! If the Crenshaw line is similarly built, it will not been speedy either! You simply cannot impose a trolley line in the middle of already busy streets and expect express train speeds. That is one of the factors that led to the demise of the old Pacific Electric.
Putting the tracks underground is the only way to in sure fast trains-ala, the Red Line. However, the cost of underground operation would be prohibitive!

Date: 12/12/09 13:50
Author: ProAmtrak

Like to know if the old Harbor Sub is gonna be part of it!

Date: 12/12/09 22:35
Author: rickycourtney

Yes the Harbor Subdivision will be a part of the project. The trains will run along the Harbor Sub from Crenshaw Blvd. to LAX.

Date: 12/15/09 09:38
Author: TomPlatten

Interesting how all of these old freight lines can suddenly be resurrected for light rail. Who came up with that idea?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.027 seconds