Home Open Account Help 306 users online

Passenger Trains > Sounder cars on Amtrak

Date: 12/27/09 11:29
Sounder cars on Amtrak
Author: sp219

...soon

I spotted a couple of Sounder cars at Amtraks 8th street yard about an hour ago. I would assume these are the ones Metrolink leased and are ready to go back to Sound Transit. The Metrolink decals have been removed. I don't know when they will be leaving.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/09 11:30 by sp219.

Date: 12/27/09 12:52
Re: Sounder cars on Amtrak
Author: bobc19024

The Metrolink consist that normally had the Sounder cars had four Metrolink coaches and an ACE cab car yesterday in San Bernanrdino.

Looks like part of the Metrolink "rainbow" is gone.

Date: 12/27/09 13:03
Author: Jaanfo

Aww, I didn't ever get my picture of the train when it was half and half, was wandering around about a week ago with three Metrolink coaches, two Sounder Coaches and a Sounder Cab Car.

I'm assuming the last of the leased Sounder coaches have to be back in Seattle by the first of the year.

Date: 12/27/09 19:54
Author: railstiesballast

My favorite lucky image of the Sounder Set. January 08 near Haven Ave. in Rancho Cucamonga.

Date: 12/27/09 20:33
Author: Pumbaamd

We miss the Sounder set that used to be here in DC.
Rick

Date: 12/28/09 08:30
Author: Macster

Everyone seems to love our cars. We are getting even better, more comfortable seating in the cars. These cars are scheduled to be converted to the new seats shortly after they arrive. Looking forward to that!

Date: 12/28/09 15:14
Author: TomPlatten

I would be curious as to how many commuter lines have purchased the Bombardier (VIA) cars!

Date: 12/28/09 17:30
Author: Mudrock

Go Transit, West Coast Express, Caltrain, Sounder, Coaster, Metrolink, Trinity Rail Express and Tri Met In Florida.

Chris

Date: 12/28/09 21:12
Author: 1moose

Mudrock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Go Transit, West Coast Express, Caltrain, Sounder,
> Coaster, Metrolink, Trinity Rail Express and Tri
> Met In Florida.
>
>
> Chris

Add Salt Lake City, Albuquerque and Twin Cities to Lake Wobegon.

Date: 12/29/09 02:36
Author: tmamtrak

And the Altamont Commuter Express (the secret train no one knows about) from Stockton to San Jose.

Date: 12/29/09 08:20
Author: stone23

tmamtrak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And the Altamont Commuter Express (the secret
> train no one knows about) from Stockton to San
> Jose.

Secret Altamont train? I am living in New Jersey and last summer I rode that train from Stockton to San Jose. I noticed that there were many other passengers on board who seemed to know about that service.

Date: 12/30/09 11:52
Author: TomPlatten

Is New Mexico's RailRunner a Bombardier customer?

Date: 12/30/09 20:46
Author: Railrev

Looked like part or all of Sounder cars went north from LA yesterday (12-29). Starlight consist was still in the wash rack when we went by on Metrolink. Couldn't tell how many were on the head end.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0356 seconds