Home Open Account Help 211 users online

Passenger Trains > China: Real Mass Transit: Passenger Stuffers

Date: 02/11/10 12:29
China: Real Mass Transit: Passenger Stuffers
Author: reindeerflame

It's something Amtrak can only aspire to....imagine the extremely favorable PM/TM results.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/catching-a-train-in-china-check-out-the-people-stuffers/ED21C5316D81E1114DB0ED21C5316D81E1114DB0

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/10 12:33 by reindeerflame.

Date: 02/11/10 13:31
China: Real Mass Transit: Passenger Stuffers
Author: AmtrakJulie

People must spring out like those goofy "snakes" out of the fake nut can (can we draw a parallel here?) when the doors open at the next stop.

AJ

Date: 02/11/10 13:40
Re: China: Real Mass Transit: Passenger Stuffers
Author: mab

Great video!

Almost exactly the same scene, complete with the pushers white gloves, can be found on the Tokyo subway during rush hour.

Date: 02/11/10 13:58
Author: floridajoe2001

Ouch! and these are the people who are cleaning America's clock? I'll take Amtrak even if they won't order cars. This is the most un-safe video I've ever seen.

Date: 02/11/10 16:04
Author: sactobob

Despite what the title to the video says, I think this could have been filmed in Japan, not China. I'm almost sure I've seen this before, and the last time around it was identified as being in Japan.

Date: 02/11/10 16:05
Author: ProAmtrak

reindeerflame Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's something Amtrak can only aspire
> to....imagine the extremely favorable PM/TM
> results.
>
> http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/catching-a-
> train-in-china-check-out-the-people-stuffers/ED21C
> 5316D81E1114DB0ED21C5316D81E1114DB0

Yeah when the government knows what's needed compared to out here in the US!

Date: 02/11/10 16:07
Author: wa4umr

I've been on trains like that in Japan, actually, not quite that bad but they had the pushers pushing. You better be near the door if you are getting off at any of the early stops. One other thing I discovered. After things thinned out a bit on one of the trains I was on, I got up to offer my seat to an elderly lady. Some guy took the seat. After that I learned to call the mamasan over to my seat before I got up.

Even a New York subway or a crowded city bus doesn't compare to what they showed in the video. Since the Chinese seem to have all of our money these days, maybe they could expand their mass transit system and paint everything with their lead based paint.

John

Date: 02/11/10 19:25
Author: chessierr

Looks like Japan in the 80s to me, not China. Yellow stripe on the train so maybe Sobu line in Tokyo.

Date: 02/11/10 20:06
Author: cchan006

chessierr Wrote:
> Looks like Japan in the 80s to me, not China.
> Yellow stripe on the train so maybe Sobu line in
> Tokyo.

Might be Tokyo, but probably one of the suburb stations. Not JR, and not Sobu Line, and definitely not China. I doubt people care about the details, so I'll leave it cryptic for the very curious, and everyone else can ignore. The company that runs this railroad was involved in a financial scandal. In a lighter note, similar train set is featured in the original version of the movie, "Shall We Dance?"

Date: 02/11/10 21:46
Author: cchan006

ProAmtrak Wrote:
> Yeah when the government knows what's needed
> compared to out here in the US!

Besides, the joke's on this thread - the punchline is no good when the facts are wrong. :-)

Date: 02/12/10 08:03
Author: stash

Forget it. That's no way to travel. If they enjoy being pushed into a jammed car, let 'em have fun. But I prefer more civilized train riding.

Date: 02/12/10 12:39
Author: ProRail

sactobob Wrote:
> Despite what the title to the video says, I think
> this could have been filmed in Japan, not China.
> I'm almost sure I've seen this before, and the
> last time around it was identified as being in
> Japan.

Ditto.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0476 seconds