Home Open Account Help 374 users online

Passenger Trains > American Orient Express returns

Date: 04/29/10 20:20
American Orient Express returns
Author: jdellachiesa

The website is now up with service beginning in 2011! Go to http://www.americanorientexpress.net/ to sign up to receive more details as they become available.

Jarrod DellaChiesa
Oakley, CA

Date: 04/29/10 20:25
Re: American Orient Express returns
Author: NGotwalt

I though there were copyright issues with the Orient Express trademark...ie that is why it became Grandlux Express just before its previous incarnation rolled into the history books.
Cheers,
Nick

Date: 04/29/10 20:29
Author: jdellachiesa

No idea. Maybe the name is just preliminary to get people excited about it again?

Jarrod DellaChiesa
Oakley, CA

Date: 04/29/10 21:27
Author: AmTrip

I thought that maybe these AOE cars were going to be used for the proposed Las Vegas Z-Train. The info from the other day talked about "luxury American private railcars", and these guys instantly came to mind. But I dunno.......I guess it's all a big waiting game at this point.

Date: 04/29/10 21:46
Author: pecosvalleychief

Kinda surprised they mentioned a serious derailment in the History section. I'd think that might be bad for business.

Date: 04/29/10 23:01
Author: davew833

This website looks fishy to me. There's no mention of the change of ownership to the current owner and future operator of the equipment (Anschutz Corp., I believe), there's no 'contact us' page with bricks and mortar address and phone number of the operation, no details about the renovation of the cars that's currently going on in Denver, and really nothing on the page that's not public information easily obtained from the web. Could be someone 'phishing' for railfan personal information. I'd be cautious. I think if this was an Anschutz operation/website, Phil would have no problem splashing his name around.

The video on the site is from vacationsbyrail.com- perhaps they're the agents (or one of them) for future AOE trips. It looks like maybe the site is theirs, but not an 'official' AOE website.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/10 23:06 by davew833.

Date: 04/29/10 23:04
Author: norm1153

Website is registered to:

VBR Tours, LLC
833 West Chicago Ave
Suite 503
Chicago, Illinois 60622

Date: 04/29/10 23:07
Author: GenePoon

The video offered up on the site is an old one for Grand Luxe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/10 23:08 by GenePoon.

Date: 04/29/10 23:11
Author: F40PHR231

pecosvalleychief Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kinda surprised they mentioned a serious
> derailment in the History section. I'd think that
> might be bad for business.

Wow, hadn't heard about that one. Any details or photographs of that incident?

Date: 04/30/10 03:45
Author: GBSD70ACe

They derailed twice, and hit someone on the NEC on one of it's first runs aswell. the train derailed at New Orleans Amtrak station, and then once again on one of the copper canyon trips. No cars flipped during the copper canyon derailment, but I think that the derailment made AOE/GLR not go into Mexico any more. I forgot the rest of the details.

Date: 04/30/10 03:58
Author: andersonb109

This looks to me like a tour companies web site. Not the actual train operator. I doubt it will be called the AOE again.

Date: 04/30/10 08:32
Author: calzephyr48

VBR would be Vacations By Rail

Date: 04/30/10 11:00
Author: RJRimmasch

I can tell you all first hand that the new train and operator have nothing to do with either the Z Train or the X train, which ever you wish to call that deal (s). The train will run in 2011 and stay tuned for new web pages, information and even the new name of the train.

They will let all of us know when they are ready.....and no sooner I am sure.

John E. Rimmasch
Wasatch Railroad Contractors

wrrc.us

Date: 04/30/10 23:22
Author: davew833

I have more than a hunch that Mr. Rimmasch knows what he's talking about...

Date: 05/01/10 21:56
Author: ProAmtrak

Be cool to have that train back, but is it a done deal?

Date: 05/04/10 10:19
Author: tvh25

We just received an unexpected call today from the subsidiary of Xanterra Parks and Resorts.... they absolutely do plan to revive the AOE/GL luxury train with 4 routes, under the name "American Rail Explorer". Jill-RailsNW

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.064 seconds