Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Passenger Trains > Princeton, IL Amtrak station long-term parking

Date: 12/29/10 18:07
Princeton, IL Amtrak station long-term parking
Author: exopr

We're thinking of boarding the Zephyr at Princeton, IL and leaving the car there. Has anyone had experience with the long-term parking at this station? Is it safe, plenty of spaces?

Thanks!

Date: 12/29/10 19:08
Re: Princeton, IL Amtrak station long-term parking
Author: AndyBrown

Should be fine; the depot and parking lot is next to a small park. There's no "security" per se, but I think the area is well travelled enough that you won't have trouble. I imagine the local cops keep an eye on the lot too. I've never parked there for more than overnight, but there always appears to be cars there that have been there a while. If the paved portion of the lot is full (not uncommon) there is a large vacant area south of the depot that is used for overflow.

Andy

Date: 12/29/10 20:51
Author: irhoghead

Ditto. Never had a problem there.

Date: 12/30/10 03:43
Author: andersonb109

Iv'e parked there several times. If there isn't room in the station lot, there is plenty adjacent. Much better than Naperville where it difficult to find any spots on a weekday due to commuters. So no problem at all. The station is quite large and open before train time complete with caretaker. The town also makes a pleasant walk if you are early. Note DQ just down the road on the left side walking away from the station.

Date: 12/30/10 04:47
Author: robj

I left my car there and no problem. This is pretty small town America and the station is very visible near main street area. I live west of Chicago and saw right a way that for trip to Denver parking at Princeton really cut down on the travel time, I know some will point out you miss the trip out of Union Station etc but just from practical planning, it is the way to go.

Also the station and platforms are very sharp, nice place to start a trip.

Bob Jordan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/10 04:48 by robj.

Date: 12/30/10 17:33
Author: exopr

Thanks for the info!

[ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0759 seconds