Home Open Account Help 350 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak plans to restore full MO service Wed.

Date: 07/25/11 07:52
Amtrak plans to restore full MO service Wed.
Author: GenePoon

Amtrak announced, late Friday:

"Amtrak plans to restore full service between Kansas City and St. Louis this Wednesday, July 27.
Service was reduced to a single round-trip on July 2 due to the diversion of additional Union Pacific
Railroad freight traffic from flooded tracks onto the Union Pacific route used by the Missouri River
Runner trains west of Jefferson City. Passengers with travel plans on this route are urged to
call 800-USA-RAIL for additional information."

Date: 07/25/11 09:00
Re: Amtrak plans to restore full MO service Wed.
Author: livesteamer

Going to be a lot of fun listening to the Sedalia Sub DS try to work eastbound freight against the morning westbound Amtraker. We are still expecting eastbound freight on Sedalia Sub until sometime in late August or early September. Missouri River is expected to be over the River Sub until at least mid August. Time will tell!!!

Marty Harrison
Knob Noster, MO

Date: 07/25/11 10:22
Author: UPTRAIN

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if they actually do this, considering the dispatching nightmare that the Sedalia Sub. is currently, even with no Amtrak train around, let alone 2 more. Last week a River Runner was delayed like 2 hours at Dow when a freight crew hogged with their rear end hanging out on the main.

Pump

Date: 07/25/11 13:35
Author: The_Chief_Way

last night AMTK 3 was held at KC for over 2 hours for AMTK 313....which ambled in about 4 hours late
yesterday's 314 was no picnic either
I would think buses for all 4 Missouri trains is more realistic

Date: 07/25/11 15:01
Author: BCutter

Well, according to the UP site, the river has receded enough that MoW gangs are starting to rehab the River Sub and open it to limited traffic. That was dated July 21st so... I suspect that if the UP can just slowly slog its loaded eastbound coal trains down the river sub, they would be ecstatic. I passed one e-bnd coal train last Friday near Tipton MO and he was NOT moving quickly! Had my wife and grandson with me so was not able to do much but as I recall, he was a 3x2. He was followed by a single light unit also e-bnd. Both of them were ahead of e-bnd Amtrak which we saw at the depot in Sedalia.

Bruce

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0881 seconds