Home Open Account Help 298 users online

Passenger Trains > Train 43 Today At HAR..My Wife's Return Post Megabus

Date: 09/14/11 12:22
Train 43 Today At HAR..My Wife's Return Post Megabus
Author: houstonguy2010

After my wife's experience this morning with the Megabus accident she is now safe and on her way home. She is in the business class car of train 43 which left HAR 11 minutes late today. She managed to get 3 pictures for me to share. Please forgive the quality of the pictures as they were taken with her cell phone camera. And thanks to the conductor of 43 for being kind enough to take picture number 3 with my wife standing beside the food service car. I actually had never noticed the "Empire Service" sign on any food service cars before.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/11 12:23 by houstonguy2010.

Date: 09/14/11 12:33
Re: Train 43 Today At HAR..My Wife's Return Post Megabu
Author: billwood

Ah ha! I was in the same car as far a Philly. Sorry I missed her!

Date: 09/14/11 13:19
Author: IC_2024

Great shot of your wife and again, glad she's okay. Looks pretty calm and relaxed after going through such an ordeal, too!

Date: 09/14/11 13:41
Author: houstonguy2010

Thanks. Yes she is very calm indeed. It takes a lot to shake her having seen what she has seen in her 23 years with the Pittsburgh police department. I think that me and our two children will head on down to the PGH station and give her a surprise welcome home tonight. Just mention Amtrak and our two little boys have suitcases packed!

Date: 09/14/11 19:43
Author: PaxtonCabin

Dan, I was working a few feet from you, taking baggage off the elevator to the forward part of the train. We met at the 40th Anniversary weekend at Harrisburg this past June while I was "Conductor" at Chuggington Depot. Glad it all worked out: nobody hurt and everyone got to their destinations.

-Richard
HG-Tower

Date: 09/14/11 19:52
Author: ats90mph

houstonguy2010 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I actually had never noticed
> the "Empire Service" sign on any food service cars
> before.

Someone at Amtrak must have a sense of humor :-)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0331 seconds