Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Passenger Trains > Parking in Chicago

Date: 09/24/11 06:57
Parking in Chicago
Author: lee45174

I will be driving to Chicago in order to fly out west to return by train (#4)to Chicago. In the past I have parked at Midway and used the Orange Line between the airport and downtown. Is there a better option that allows me to keep my car in the Union Station or the Roosevelt Road (Amtrak Yards) area so I don't have to go back to Midway at the end of my trip?

Date: 09/24/11 07:28
Re: Parking in Chicago

It will be from Saturday to Monday, would a commuter lot in the suburbs work? I will be coming from the east/southeast.

Thanks

Date: 09/24/11 07:36
Author: TrackOne

There is plenty of parking downtown. But it is expensive. Depends on the number of days you're away. Midway Airport parking is in the $10/day range while Union Station is in the $30/day range. Check here:

http://www.chicagoparkingmap.com/map_dynamic.jsp

And here:

www.parking.com

TOM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/11 07:38 by TrackOne.

Date: 09/24/11 08:12

Thank you!

Date: 09/24/11 09:31
Author: andersonb109

How about Naperville? Its free if you can find a spot. Amtrak has a few dedicated spots with dashboard card obtained at the ticket office. Then your car is there (hopefully) whenever #4 turns up. Outbound would be Metra to Union Station, then Orange Line to the airport.

Date: 09/24/11 10:05
Author: wmbrakeman

just a thought , i find out what hotel near by train station and park there ,even use valet parking ,so it in more secure area , i t cost more but i have to think where will car be more secure , have a great trip

Date: 09/24/11 12:36
Author: joemvcnj

What about Route 59 station as opposed to Naperville ? Then ride a local train (or taxi) one stop.

Date: 09/24/11 18:00
Author: kevink

Metra lots are typically free on weekends but not on weekdays. You should check with the local jurisdiction. Parking at Midway in the long term garage is only $8 a day and it is in a covered facility. You have to ride a shuttle bus over to the main terminal and walk over to the CTA station.

Date: 09/25/11 00:49
Author: poffcapt

$10 a day at a major metropolitan airport? That's cheap!

BLS

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0392 seconds