Home Open Account Help 293 users online

Passenger Trains > .

Date: 01/06/12 18:55
Author: F40PHR231

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/21 16:35 by F40PHR231.

Date: 01/06/12 19:20
Re: New Portland Streetcar alignment
Author: cozephyr

Reference image 8 - Could you guesstimate the rail lines' elevation above sea level on the new track alignment - 30-feet?!?

Date: 01/06/12 20:19
Author: asheldrake

GREAT posting Chris!!! WES = purple line??? I hadn't heard that one before.
Arlen

Date: 01/06/12 20:56
Author: coach

Photo #8: you mean the streetcar takes up the entire lane, and if the traffic is all backed up, so is the streetcar?? With the looks of new buildings going in, that could be the case someday.

Date: 01/06/12 21:24
Author: PasadenaSub

Great photos and coverage, Chris. And timely for me, having just read Alexandar Craghead's 'Portland Transit Challenge' article in the February issue of Railfan and Railroad - where he and friends try to ride every MAX, Streetcar, and WES line in a single day.

And to top things off, I'm just a few minutes away from the season premiere of 'Portlandia' on IFC tonight!

Rich

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/12 21:26 by PasadenaSub.

Date: 01/07/12 00:49
Author: F40PHR231

asheldrake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> GREAT posting Chris!!! WES = purple line??? I
> hadn't heard that one before.
> Arlen

I just checked the TriMet website, it looks like they reverted it to black. The WES logo, line color on the system map was purple when the line started and on materials printed up to last year, so it was unofficially the "purple" line.

Date: 01/07/12 08:10
Author: whistlepig

I have always loved streetcars. I used to take the Glendale PE to Subway Terminal, then walk over and take the J then transfer to the V car to my dad's office/store in Vernon. What I'm trying to (and I mean honestly trying) do is accept that all new streetcars have to look like we're in Switzerland or Germany. Bless those countries and all, but I sure would love it if someone could come up with an original American design.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.027 seconds