Home Open Account Help 343 users online

Passenger Trains > amtrak # 11 of the 17/18 @ chatsworth

Date: 11/18/12 10:49
amtrak # 11 of the 17/18 @ chatsworth
Author: tc

Well I wasn't sure if the weather would cooperate but I figured I would give it a shot to catch the Veeeeeeery late #11 through chatsworth rock this morning. What do ya think, Tim

Date: 11/18/12 11:06
Re: amtrak # 11 of the 17/18 @ chatsworth
Author: DavidP

Great pictures - thanks for getting up early to capture them.

Amtrak.com shows #14 running on time today, so presumably the put together a makeup consist in LA....has anyone seen it?

Dave

Date: 11/18/12 11:10
Author: thetuck

Nice photos. Yes 14(18) will be on time today with a PPC and 4 coaches.

Date: 11/18/12 12:12
Author: SF3751

thetuck Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice photos. Yes 14(18) will be on time today
> with a PPC and 4 coaches.

Went by 8th Street on Friday and saw they had a spare PPC with the yard power. Guessing they used that one.

Date: 11/18/12 18:26
Author: Phil1

Looks like it is about to duck under Topanga Canyon Blvd. or the last of the three tunnels. This is about 60 seconds from where the Metrolink incident occurred. Also "Snuffy's Cat Productions" posted a video of this tardy # 11 rolling through the Glendale area on You Tube sign with link today along with that single level 7 car Surfliner which I believe was 1761. Correct me if that train number was wrong. I can only imagine how the passengers are responding to this assuming some did not "jump ship" and either fly or maybe catch a bustitution if they ran one to help keep those on time who needed to be. But for now let is pretend this is the Amtrak reincarnation of the SP "Lark" in Superliner cars abut 44 years or so later.

Phil Blommendahl
Getzville, NY

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0369 seconds