Home Open Account Help 256 users online

Passenger Trains > Isaac Walton Inn - Essex, Mt

Date: 11/21/12 13:54
Isaac Walton Inn - Essex, Mt
Author: LittleTuck

I just returned from a trip on the Empire Builder last week (Chicago to Whitefish). Originally, I planned to stay at the IWI but when I started checking their website I realized they have no TV, cell, internet or wifi service. I really wanted to stay there but could not give up my vices so I decided to go a bit farther west and stayed in Whitefish at the Lodge at Whitefish Lake. It was a beautiful place and I am glad I chose it.

If I have wrong information please set me straight about the Isaac Walton Inn. I would still like to stay there sometime in the future if I could go cold turkey without all the services I mentioned.

Date: 11/21/12 13:58
Re: Isaac Walton Inn - Essex, Mt
Author: F40PHR231

That's one of the beauties about the Inn... A place to get away from it all. :)

Date: 11/21/12 14:16
Author: andersonb109

Getting away from all of the crap is what makes it so great. As I recall, there is pay phone in the lobby if you get desperate. What is so important you need all this stuff anyway? The front desk can tell you if Amtrak is on time or not. That should be all that's necessary.

Date: 11/21/12 14:25
Author: Ptolemy

If you can't get away from your addictions, the IWI is not for you.

Date: 11/21/12 14:48
Author: gsnyder

I was there in September and they do have a WiFi internet connection (pretty slow though) and TV - both in the bar area downstairs. In any case, there's really no need for all that as it's location is more for a get-away vacation.

Date: 11/21/12 14:49
Author: LittleTuck

Thanks to all for your responses.

Date: 11/21/12 15:05
Re: Izaak Walton Inn - Essex, Mt
Author: toledopatch

Yup, getting away from it all is what the IWI is all about. All I want when I'm there is a weather forecast and, if available, a train line-up.

Date: 11/21/12 16:47
Author: jp1822

I was able to pickup up WiFi in the bar area and also on the first floor (even out on the porch) without too much trouble. But my room was on the third floor and I wasn't able to get WiFi service up there.

I rented a car from the Inn and at different places that I had lunch or dinner, I was able to pick up service.

Date: 11/21/12 16:47
Author: railcity

I was there is Aug, I had great time.

Date: 11/24/12 05:04
Author: coaststarlight99

railcity Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was there is Aug, I had great time.

And no bear attacks!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0489 seconds