Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Passenger Trains > Better late than never - Thanksgiving at Cornwells Heig

Date: 12/02/12 12:56
Better late than never - Thanksgiving at Cornwells Heig
Author: jonjonjonjon

I made a quick stop at Cornwells Heights on Thanksgiving day in hopes of catching one of the holiday extras, but I clearly didn't do my homework. What I got wnere some new Silverliner V's, a Keystone, a Regional and an Acela, so it wasn't a total waste of time.
(For the uninitiated - Cornwells heights is between Philadelphia and Trenton on the Northeast Corridor)

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/02/12 15:43
Re: Better late than never - Thanksgiving at Cornwells
Author: Out_Of_Service

nice vid Jon ... i see somebody raised the hell out of that cut section underneath the cat bridge on #2 track ... that surely needs to be smoothed out ... you can definitely see the trains encountering the bump

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/12 20:45 by Out_Of_Service.

Date: 12/02/12 16:25
Author: poffcapt

Thanks for posting.

Date: 12/03/12 05:07
Author: Phil1

Thanks for this post. I am a lifelong Westerner turned Easterner and had never seen a SEPTA train or a Keystone service train or an Acela in motion. I went to the Amtrak website and tried to look up 1171 and found it. This gives many of us T.O reader nationwide and up close look at trains we have only previously read about. Thanks for filling in that gap. Next year my goal is to take 48 to NYC from Depew with a late breakfast in the diner and find a less expensive hotel outside of New York and spend several days riding these commuter type services since I have read about them all my life and have never seen the Big Apple and the area around it over to Philly ,etc. I have never been on a train at 135MPH so I look forward to NYC to BOS and return on Acela.In the west on 3 and 4 we did hit 90 MPH now and then.

Phil Blommendahl
Getzville, NY

Date: 12/06/12 19:25
Author: highrockrd

As your older brother i think you are supposed to be turkey- comatose on Thanksgiving, not getting a bunch of fresh air. I'm telling mom!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.052 seconds