Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak Hospital Train Detroit to Indy.

Date: 12/05/12 15:46
Amtrak Hospital Train Detroit to Indy.
Author: howeld

I'm just passing along info posted elsewhere. Don't know any other details.

On Monday the 10th Amtrak will be operating a hospital train from Detroit to Indy via CSX. The train is scheduled to leave Livernois around 0700 and get into Toledo around noon. The train will then go down the Toledo Branch. A little heads up for a unusual move.

Heads up on the Indy and Toledo Branch next week.

What equipment would need to be moved from Detroit?

Date: 12/05/12 16:22
Re: Amtrak Hospital Train Detroit to Indy.
Author: CR6444

Probably the one from Michigan "aka the Wolverine" that ran off the MOW track nearly collided with parked Amtrak ballast hoppers.. There was a signal issue that gives a "full green" onto a open siding.. (false indication)

CR

Date: 12/05/12 18:20
Author: P42hogger

Nope that's not it.

Date: 12/05/12 18:43
Author: jim6300loco

what is a hospital train?Back in theday a hospital train was a train of wounded veterans from a war. what is it today?
Jim

Date: 12/05/12 19:13
Author: DNRY122

For many years, the term "hospital train" has referred to a train with damaged or inoperable cars or locomotives heading for a repair center. It may be running under special instructions or waivers because of the condition of some or all of the "patients". I recall seeing the term applied to railroad moves at least back in the 1970s. I'm not sure when wounded military personnel were last transported by train, but for a long time they have been taken to treatment facilities by aircraft and ambulance. (my mental video is playing M*A*S*H and "Radar" is reporting "Choppers!" because he could hear the helicopters bringing casualties before anyone else did).

And a public service announcement: One of subtle features of the "sets" used in the filming of M*A*S*H was the posters reading "BLOOD DONORS Urgently needed! Sign up NOW." I wonder how many viewers got the subliminal message and called the Red Cross or their local hospital to schedule a donation. As a long time member of the Gallon Club many times over, I encourage everyone who is able to give a pint. Whenever I do, I tell the donation center staff, "This is my way of saying 'thanks' to the guardian angel who keeps me away from the rest of this building." We now return to our regular railfanning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/12 12:54 by DNRY122.

Date: 12/06/12 06:00
Author: amanwtf

Locomotive 128 which is loaded on a flat car minus the trucks plus spacer cars for braking.

Date: 12/06/12 06:56

That is correct, the equipment from the Leoni crossing incident finally has all the approvals and will be moved to Beech Grove for storage until all litigation is completed then final disposition.

Date: 12/06/12 14:51
Author: DoctorThunder

No, the one that hit the lowboy east of Jackson and rolled over on it's side and filled the cab with dirt this spring.

Posted from Android

Date: 12/06/12 17:55

It was in February

Date: 12/07/12 13:32
Author: DoctorThunder

OK

Date: 12/08/12 16:31
Author: amtrakwolverine

amanwtf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Locomotive 128 which is loaded on a flat car minus
> the trucks plus spacer cars for braking.

I saw that train on a NS flatbed coming back from chicago in october. No wheels no nose either.

Date: 12/09/12 13:12
Author: NTD15

AMTK 171
AMTK 500
XTTX 142179 (With 128 engine load)
SOU 531129
AMTK 54542 (Damage)
SOU 531509

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1489 seconds