Home Open Account Help 332 users online

Passenger Trains > EB Zephyr - Major Delay

Date: 02/15/13 23:14
EB Zephyr - Major Delay
Author: ColoradoRailfan

The eastbound Zephyr's usual 30 second station stop in Granby, CO turned in to an 8+ hour station stop today!

UP's westbound MNYRO was having serious DPU issues in Fraser Canyon (between Tabernash and Granby). They reportedly broke two knuckles in the canyon and spent the afternoon and evening getting the knuckles fixed, the train back together and rolling again.

With nowhere else to go, the Zephyr waited! Their crew died at Granby and another Amtrak crew was sent from Denver to relieve them. The crew on the MNYRO also had to be relieved, resulting in the third crew for the manifest within 70 miles of its originating terminal!

As I will be on the WB Zephyr out of Denver tomorrow morning, I sure hope everything is cleaned up. :-)

Posted from iPhone

Kevin Morgan
Arvada, CO
ColoradoRailfan.com

Date: 02/17/13 13:48
Re: EB Zephyr - Major Delay
Author: chakk

I was on this same equipment (AMTK 142 in the lead), which arrived EMY as #5 on 13 Feb. The access door to the 532 sleeper number sign was jammed, so it read "0632". The SCA told me that at least the sign would be correct for the return trip east departing EMY on 14 Feb.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0531 seconds