Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Passenger Trains > Heads Up B&M Excursion Reroute!

Date: 04/04/13 00:21
Heads Up B&M Excursion Reroute!
Author: railwaybaron

A very reliable source told me that CPR's E. Hunter Harrison has personally pulled the pin on CP's portion of the B&M excursion 4/13. So the train will stop at Mechanicsville to off-load Saratoga and Boston passengers who will be bused. The train will then tie-up at N. BENNINGTON, VT, via the Vermont Ry. Then on 4/14 the special will head north on Vermont Ry. to Rutland and couple onto Amtrak's Ethan Allen for the trip to Saratoga and Albany. Anyone have additional info?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/13 10:29 by railwaybaron.

Date: 04/04/13 06:58
Re: Heads Up B&M Excursion Reroute!
Author: loco4501

I've been hearing the same thing, minus the personal involvement by EHH. High Iron still does not have anything on its web site one way or the other.

Date: 04/04/13 07:00
Author: loco4501

...aaaaand just got an e-mail from them confirming this.

Date: 04/04/13 12:48
Author: shoretower

Well, confirmed that we will be bused from Mechanicville to Saratoga. Nuts! The thing is, the distance from CPF 477 to CPC 24 (the start of the "Amtrak route" to Montreal) is about five miles. I wonder if anyone explained this to Hunter. Perhaps he's not aware that two daily Amtrak trains operate between Schenectady and Whitehall?

I haven't had any communication from High Iron about how they intend to get the equipment to Albany. North Bennington sounds a bit improbable. Talking about circuitous...

Date: 04/04/13 13:14
Author: ABB

I've been told that equipment will return to Hoosick Jct. and layover for the night in North Bennington. Will proceed to Rutland on Sunday and get on the afternoon Amtrak train to Albany.
Equipment will get on #49 Monday for Chicago.

Date: 04/04/13 15:16
Author: moonliter

If there are no passengers on board could the equipment move over the non-Amtrak portion of the CPR line? Even if CP wanted their own power on the point, the consist could be hauled to Saratoga Springs on Saturday and everything proceeds as planned for the rest of the trip starting Sunday morning. I just wondering.

I'm also happy that I'm old enough to have ridden over the D&H through Mechanicville, NY.

Gerry Gaugl
Ottawa ON

Date: 04/04/13 19:29
Author: CP8888

The "Explorer" trips over CP in Canada all happened
before EHH landed in Calgary. It now appears similar trips
will not occur.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/13 19:30 by CP8888.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0379 seconds