Home Open Account Help 350 users online

Passenger Trains > .

Date: 04/26/13 23:46
Author: F40PHR231

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/20 19:40 by F40PHR231.

Date: 04/27/13 05:11
Re: Light rail transit to East L.A.
Author: cutboy2

Really interesting. Thank you.

Date: 04/27/13 05:39
Author: billio

Nice post. Thanks for sharing.

Date: 04/27/13 07:59
Author: defect_detector

Always love your photo essays, great job Chris.

Date: 04/27/13 09:54
Author: DonNadeau

Wonderful post. Thank you.

Happily or sadly, I am old enough to remember Pacific Electric and it's great to see these vibrant projects to recreate its convenience.

I hope that Metro Rail adopts the concept of both express and local trains on some longer routes. If it expects travelers from downtown to use the planned LAX one, limited stops will be essential. Otherwise, I for one will still use the Flyaway buses which, if you don't know, utilize bus lanes much of the way in order to avoid traffic congestion.

Date: 04/27/13 12:32
Author: cph

To do express service right, though, you really need (at least) a third track. Metro experimented with "express" service
(skip-stop, really) on the Pasadena Gold Line a few years back, and it really wasn't worth the trouble (it only saved about
10 minutes per trip, and reduced the level of service to a number of intermediate stops that were skipped).

Date: 04/27/13 22:54
Author: Fizzboy7

Very enjoyable! What an interesting cross-section one sees of L.A. when taking such modes of transportation. Also, surprisingly little graffiti in all the photos.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0297 seconds