Home Open Account Help 245 users online

Passenger Trains > Combined Anniversary/MO River Runner in KCMO

Date: 04/12/14 22:42
Combined Anniversary/MO River Runner in KCMO
Author: bnsfsd70

Last Thursday, I caught word that the inbound MO River Runner #311 would be coming into Kansas City with the 40th Anniversary train in the consist with it. Much to our surprise, not only was #42, the Veterans unit with the train, but the F40 led the whole thing across the state of Missouri! The video here is of it rolling past me near Sheffield Junction on the KCT main, just a few miles from it's destination of KC Union Station. I don't have any records to back this up, but the last time an F40 led the Mule across MO had to have been around 1997, right?

More shots from a VERY busy afternoon with the train at KCUS can be found here ( http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,3377092 ).

Thanks for looking,
- Jeff Carlson

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/13/14 11:28
Flipping Today
Author: NewRiverGeorge

Supposed to be returning to KCY today from Topeka, then back across Missouri on Monday, and eventually returning on 306 to Chicago.

Date: 04/13/14 11:29
Re: Flipping Today
Author: bnsfsd70

NewRiverGeorge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Supposed to be returning to KCY today from Topeka,
> then back across Missouri on Monday, and
> eventually returning on 306 to Chicago.

Excellent, thanks for the info.

- Jeff

Date: 04/13/14 14:44
Author: Red

Beautiful! How an Amtrak leading passenger locomotive SHOULD look, both in FORM & in Paint Scheme!

Date: 04/14/14 17:54
Author: ProAmtrak

Yeah but it be a lot cooler if that F40 had a prime mover in it!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0288 seconds