Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Passenger Trains > Classic Amtrak GEs

Date: 04/19/14 13:25
Classic Amtrak GEs
Author: Necer149

The B32-8WH locomotive is a beast. That's all I can really say about them. Twenty of these GEs were delivered to Amtrak in 1991. And they are still running strong about 23 years later. Here, I catch #512 still in phase IV paint on train #43. And #514 in phase V paint on train #42. Taken at Exton, PA on the westbound platform (north side), #43 does not stop at Exton, while #42 does. Thanks for watching!

Mark

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/19/14 15:01
Re: Classic Amtrak GEs
Author: ProAmtrak

That's a nice video and how weird one train makes a stop there, but the one going the other way doesn't, who thought that up!

Date: 04/19/14 15:29
Author: GettingShort

Great video of the B32's on a line that isn't usually identified with them.
I always though they looked great on a Superliner train, especially #1 & #2 when they still used the Phoenix line and were big trains, 14 cars counting the 10 & 6 to NYP and the baggage car.

Date: 04/19/14 15:52
Author: RuleG

GettingShort Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great video of the B32's on a line that isn't
> usually identified with them.

For the past two years, B32s have often been assigned to trains 42 & 43.

Date: 04/20/14 12:54
Author: 8notch

on #514 the ditch lights were not on? Is this common or does the ditch lights on activate when the horn is blown?
Thanks.

Date: 04/23/14 05:37
Author: KV1guy

As long as the ditch light circuit breaker is "on" on the EC panel, the ditch lights will flash when the horn is activated, then turn off again if the desktop switch is not in the on position.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0447 seconds