Home Open Account Help 270 users online

Passenger Trains > .

Date: 06/17/14 01:02
Author: F40PHR231

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/21 07:11 by F40PHR231.

Date: 06/17/14 01:47
Re: Midwest bustitution report
Author: mp51w

You sure are thorough in your trip reports. Imagine an American airport with an interior like Indys? That pan shot of the Indy platform is pretty neat!

Date: 06/17/14 07:05
Author: rswebber

Midway (in Chicago) until a few years ago had very much this same look. I could touch the ceiling of the baggage claim area while waiting for baggage (standing on the floor). I always thought it very much a third world airport. And the runways are even scarier.

mp51w Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Imagine an American airport with an interior like
> Indys? That pan shot of the Indy platform is
> pretty neat!

Date: 06/17/14 07:32
Author: Torisgod

That canopy at the Ottumwa station is "really" "useful" at keeping the rain out.

Tor in Eugene

Date: 06/17/14 12:48
Author: prech786

"The only time I felt concerned was when the bus drifted slightly over the fog line while the driver was messing around with his cell phone, presumably looking up a number to call since he made frequent work-related calls."

YIKES!!!

Hand held Cell Phone use (and not just texting) by Commercial Bus drivers, while driving, has been prohibited since 2011!

US Department of Transportation: today announced a final rule specifically prohibiting interstate truck and bus drivers from using handheld cell phones while operating their vehicles. The rule from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) is the latest action by the U.S. Department of Transportation to end distracted driving." November 29, 2011

Date: 06/17/14 17:40
Midwest bustitution report
Author: King_Coal

Neat trip. All aboard! Thanks for posting the photos.

Date: 06/17/14 17:56
Author: BruceStikkers

I live 10 miles east of the photo you took from the bus window that has the "University Ave" sign in it. The bus in Champaign, IL does stop at the same station as Amtrak. You would have cruised past my place at mile marker 192 on I-74 east of Champaign.

Bruce S.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0736 seconds