Home Open Account Help 327 users online

Passenger Trains > BNSF DHQ consist out of Topeka

Date: 06/27/14 22:11
BNSF DHQ consist out of Topeka
Author: santafe199

I was with my able young partner "mg8711" today chasing the BNSF deadhead passenger equipment move out of Topeka today (27th). We hurriedly copied down a passenger consist. It was a 2-man operation with one behind binoculars & the other scribbling strange-looking chicken tracks (pun intended). Here is the consist, although someone further out west may want to verify this:
BNSF 4139
BNSF 30 Glacier View
BNSF 31 Bay View
BNSF 11 Fred Harvey
BNSF 51 Snoqualmie Pass
BNSF 68 Rollins Pass
BNSF 69 Marias Pass
BNSF 28 Mountain View
BNSF 10 Lake Superior
BNSF 1 Gerald Grinstein
BNSF 3 Red River
BNSF 4 Missouri River
BNSF 52 Glorieta Pass
BNSF 66 Cajon Pass
BNSF 50 Stampede Pass
BNSF 67 Trinchera Pass
BNSF 60 Stevens Pass
BNSF 8 John S Reed
BNSF 32 William Barstow Strong

The train departed Topeka mid-afternoon, and we got shots in a couple of down-the-line locations, which I should be able to post tomorrow on the Western forum...

Lance

Date: 06/28/14 00:19
Re: BNSF DHQ consist out of Topeka
Author: The_Chief_Way

Good job ! Thanks for posting

Date: 06/28/14 13:51
Author: Phil1

Ok. I feel kind of silly because on the other post I had hoped for a consist list and here it is. I dd not see this article before the other. Thanks. I keep recalling Pin. Indian, Regal and Pullman series names like that from the old days I am not familiar with the new names assigned to some of these cars. Are any of them leftover from the r series I mentioned and that I recall riding in when I was a kid? Great shots and thanks for filling in the blanks

Phil Blommendahl
Getzville, NY

Date: 06/28/14 15:18
Author: santafe199

Phil1 Wrote:
> ... Are any of them leftover from the r series I mentioned...

I really don't have any idea of which cars (if any) from the Regal series, or any other Santa Fe series now occupy the BNSF roster.

Lance

Date: 06/28/14 15:39
Author: Sneebly

I know that some of the cars with the name Pass in them are ex ATSF Regal series 4-4-2 sleepers built in 1950 by ACF. Figuring out which ones is the hard part. A current BNSF psgr car roster would sure help. I found this online but alas the car names in the above list and this site do not agree. http://www.qstation.org/BNSF_Biz_Cars/index.html

Sneebly

Date: 06/28/14 19:40
Author: mp51w

Date: 06/29/14 01:35
Author: The_Chief_Way

ATSF retained six Regal series sleepers in 1971.
Of these, one has been modified and placed in
geometry train service and the other five soldier on
in the BNSF fleet, with Pass series names since the
merger. Four of them are in Lance's monster
train consist: Rollins, Marias, Cajon and Trinchera

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1308 seconds