Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Passenger Trains > Steakhouse across from Metrolink Acton-Vincent Grade st

Date: 07/21/14 08:41
Steakhouse across from Metrolink Acton-Vincent Grade st
Author: rms492

Hello, years ago, I remember a steakhouse right across from the Metrolink Vincent Grade-Acton station.

Is it still there?

I came across this address for it: 553 SIERRA HWY, Acton, CA, but that is not across from the Metrolink station like I remember.
Is that the same one? Did they move? (or is Google maps wrong? Old Sierra vs. Sierra Hwy?)

Thanks for any help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/14 08:45 by rms492.

Date: 07/21/14 08:53
Re: Steakhouse across from Metrolink Acton-Vincent Grad
Author: oilcan

Yes, it is still there and even railroad-themed as well.

http://vincenthillstationrestaurant.com

I ate dinner there a few years ago and remember it being pretty good.

Date: 07/21/14 10:25
Author: edsaalig

How far is the Steakhouse from the Metrolink Acton-Vincent Grad Station? Can one walk from the station to the Steakhouse?

Date: 07/21/14 10:35
Author: rickycourtney

edsaalig Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How far is the Steakhouse from the Metrolink
> Acton-Vincent Grad Station? Can one walk from the
> station to the Steakhouse?

A simple search for walking directions on Google Maps (try it yourself!) reveals it's a pretty easy half-mile walk: http://goo.gl/maps/eETIy

Ricky Courtney
Seattle, WA

Date: 07/21/14 13:41
Author: DNRY122

My wife and I had a late lunch at the steakhouse many years ago after visiting the Poppy Reserve west of Lancaster. There were even some real live cows in a nearby corral. This restaurant would also be a good place to "put on the feedbag" after visiting Vasquez Rocks, a nearby landmark that has been used in countless western movies and sci-fi productions. Several scenes in the original Star Trek series were filmed there.

Date: 07/21/14 17:55
Author: trainjunkie

I haven't been to Vincent Hill Station for a number of years but the last time I went it was surprisingly good.

Date: 07/22/14 00:01
Author: edsaalig

Is there a short cut from the Metrolink station? There seems to be a old road next to the station, but is there a break in dense? It would reduce the walk from a half mile to just a few hundred yards!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0446 seconds