Home Open Account Help 389 users online

Passenger Trains > Newark Penn Station NJ - two rail vs trespassers in 8 h

Date: 07/31/14 04:39
Newark Penn Station NJ - two rail vs trespassers in 8 h
Author: Lackawanna484

One, a person stood in the gauge of the tracks at Newark Penn Station in the early afternoon. No word on her condition, according to the article. The other, a man was killed while on the tracks just east of the station in the evening.

I believe the afternoon train might have been the outbound Crescent, train 19.

No injuries to members of the crews, according to the report.

<http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2014/07/man_struck_killed_by_train_in_newark_hours_after_woman_is_hit_at_citys_penn_station.html#incart_m-rpt-1&gt;

Date: 07/31/14 05:20
Re: Newark Penn Station NJ - two rail vs trespassers in
Author: joemvcnj

NJT Alerts just stated a bunch of Newark Division trains delayed 15 - 20 minutes because of "congestion".
I mistakingly thought that was their codeword for a broken down train.

Date: 07/31/14 09:08
Author: GenePoon

Minor correction: the fatal incident involving the man standing on the tracks occurred east of
the Newark Airport Station.

Date: 07/31/14 11:08
Author: Jishnu

The description seems to indicate that it was in the area of the Rt 21 overpass or perhaps a little west of it.

Date: 07/31/14 11:26
Author: Lackawanna484

Thanks for that additional info. I'm not sure that mention of the airport station was in the original article.

Although the "update" says late last night, I think the mention that it was the airport station may have been added later.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0297 seconds