Home Open Account Help 341 users online

Passenger Trains > LD train arrivals at Chicago today

Date: 08/20/14 17:24
LD train arrivals at Chicago today
Author: Winnemucca

Long Distance trains arrived at Chicago Union Station today, August 20, 2014 as follows:

#4 - 2 mins early.
#6 - 2 hrs, 15 mins late. Left Emeryville 23 mins late.
#8 – 2 hrs, 52 mins late.
#22 - 1 hr, 17 mins late. Left Fort Worth 32 mins late.
#29 - 59 mins late.
#49 - 2 hrs, 9 mins late.
#851 - 2 mins late.
#58 - 10 mins late.

All trains departed their originating stations on time (or, were on time at some point in their route) except #6 and #22.
Readers of this post should assume that, unless noted otherwise, all trains will have left originating stations either on time, less than 5 minutes late, or were on time at some point in their route.

John Webb
Trinidad, CA

Date: 08/20/14 17:39
Re: LD train arrivals at Chicago today
Author: wa4umr

WHAT??? Number 4 was early! Who let the dogs out? Someone is going to get fired over this!

Kidding aside, it's great to see one of the left coast trains arriving on time and even a few minutes early is amazing. I hope this is the beginning of a trend. Looking forward to seeing #6 or even #8 doing the same thing. I'm looking at taking a trip before the end of the year and some on time arrivals at Chicago would be nice.

I guess there is an Easter Bunny and Santa Claus is real and maybe if I put my dentures under the pillow tonight the Tooth Fairy will leave me a quarter. You could have fooled me a week ago.

John

Date: 08/20/14 20:54
Author: illini73

wa4umr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> . . .Looking forward to seeing #6 or even #8 doing the same thing.

It could happen for #8 pretty soon, although "on time" using the temporarily(?) padded schedule is really 3 hours late on the "permanent" timetable. Tomorrow's train is on time out of Minot after sitting in the station there for 51 minutes.

#8 had a couple of Iowa Pacific cars on the rear today, shown passing Deerfield, IL slowly at 5:58 p.m. behind Metra local 2150, which he followed all the way to Chicago, losing 8 minutes from Milwaukee in the process. (The photo also shows the diffculty of getting a good shot of the sunny side of #8 in suburban territory, unlike outbound trains such as Metra 2137 in the second photo two minutes later).

Date: 08/21/14 13:26
Author: wa4umr

I was on the Cardinal several years ago when it was running late everyday. We got to Chicago 15 minutes late that day, pretty good compared to it's history. I said something to the conductor about it and he said, "15 minutes late. I consider that as ON TIME for this train."

I just looked at track a train and today's EB is estimated to arrive less than 2 hours late. In other words, almost "ON TIME!"

John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/14 13:32 by wa4umr.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0352 seconds